Behringer Eurolive B215XL 15" 2-Way as L/R Mains - Page 4 - AVS Forum
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last
Speakers > Behringer Eurolive B215XL 15" 2-Way as L/R Mains
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 12:54 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitrip View Post

Same here. Guess I better get my 3rd on order before they're out!

My impatience has forced me to have one delivered tomorrow.  Looks like they had enough in stock so we didn't have to fight over it.

Skylinestar's Avatar Skylinestar 02:47 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by XStanleyX View Post

I haven't watched a movie yet but I think I'll order another one for a CC and pass judgment then.  I ordered the ones off amazon that are priced at $165.98 each in like new condition.
report back after you watch Oblivion.
what do you think of its mid bass? does it punch?
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 03:01 PM 04-18-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

Oblivion will be my first one. With the subs off I've heard better mid bass punch. With the subs on I get all the punch I need. I think where these really shine is their clarity. Vocal are very nice. I think some folks will have a hard time getting past the looks. Being that visuals can have such an influence on our ears. They sound far better than their price tag IMO.

brianstrawberry's Avatar brianstrawberry 09:10 AM 04-19-2014
I have been looking at surrounds, is there any reason the Axiom QS8 v4s would NOT be a good choice to use with these? Are there other options equal or less in cost (ceiling mount) I should consider? Goals- 100% HT
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 12:51 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:

I watched several scenes of Oblivion today. As far as using one as a CC it's pretty much as good as I've personally heard. Clear and lively sound with absolutely no straining on any of the dialog. No need to spend big bucks on a quality movie experience for those who don't need pretty speakers.  I think I prefer music with my Magnepans a bit over these but for HT these would be my choice. Now if I only had another room to set one up for music and one for HT.

RochRx7's Avatar RochRx7 01:02 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:

I watched several scenes of Oblivion today. As far as using one as a CC it's pretty much as good as I've personally heard. Clear and lively sound with absolutely no straining on any of the dialog. No need to spend big bucks on a quality movie experience for those who don't need pretty speakers.  I think I prefer music with my Magnepans a bit over these but for HT these would be my choice. Now if I only had another room to set one up for music and one for HT.

As far as music goes.. what are the most distinctive differences in performance? Do the 215's get close at all? And what kind of music do you listen to?
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 01:11 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RochRx7 View Post

As far as music goes.. what are the most distinctive differences in performance? Do the 215's get close at all? And what kind of music do you listen to?

I think it will boil down to preference. I could see some one liking the 215's better for music. I listen to all kinds of music. No rap, just a little hip hop and a tad bit of classical. Blues, down tempo, electronic and chill music are what I listen to most. I think the Maggies do strings better but you might differ. Easy to understand why Mark did a thread on these. I agree with everything he said.

digitrip's Avatar digitrip 04:19 PM 04-19-2014
Just got my 2 hooked up. While they have virtually no bottom end, they are very clear. Highs are nice and bright, but not overly so. I didn't set any EQ at all, these are just running off an old Onkyo 575x in stereo. Once they're properly powered they'll have a lot more punch too. I think these are going to be amazing in the theater...I can't wait to get these paired with my DIY sub. (In planning now) biggrin.gif
DavidK442's Avatar DavidK442 04:58 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:

these are just running off an old Onkyo 575x in stereo. Once they're properly powered they'll have a lot more punch too.

"80 Watts per Channel Minimum into 8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, FTC (2 Channels Driven)" into a 96 db efficient speaker = Properly Powered. smile.gif
Davecraze's Avatar Davecraze 07:36 PM 04-19-2014
How about the Eurolive vp1220f as surrounds? I think they use the same 1.75 inch compression driver and are slanted also.

That seems like a killer 7 channel set up for $1200.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-eurolive-vp1220f-800w-12-floor-monitor
digitrip's Avatar digitrip 10:41 PM 04-19-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidK442 View Post

"80 Watts per Channel Minimum into 8 Ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.08%, FTC (2 Channels Driven)" into a 96 db efficient speaker = Properly Powered. smile.gif

My spec sheet says 70 watts per @ 8ohms....at any rate, I don't mind having headroom. These are rated at 3X this, RMS.

(not that my ears would last at that level, but you get the drift)

Bottom line, these outperform my RBH 1061's that were $1800/pair retail....for $165/ea. eek.gif
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 09:09 AM 04-20-2014
Quote:

Bottom line, these outperform my RBH 1061's that were $1800/pair retail....for $165/ea. eek.gif

:eek: Yep, that was the look I had on my face when I first listened to them. I was thinking maybe my mind/ears were playing tricks on me. I had my son come down and bring his M&K S150 THX L/R & center with him and we did some comparison listening with music and the dragon scene in the latest Hobbit movie. He had the same look on his face. They really hang with the M&K's.

imagic's Avatar imagic 09:30 AM 04-20-2014
Quote:

:eek: Yep, that was the look I had on my face when I first listened to them. I was thinking maybe my mind/ears were playing tricks on me. I had my son come down and bring his M&K S150 THX L/R & center with him and we did some comparison listening with music and the dragon scene in the latest Hobbit movie. He had the same look on his face. They really hang with the M&K's.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm actually still not over how good the 215s sound, each time I settle in for a session I think "Last time, I was just deluding myself. This time they'll sound muddy or distorted or something." And then... boom, I get totally sucked into whatever it is, be it music or movie, and they just sound "right." I've even gotten goosebumps a number of times, which is practically unheard-of at the 215s price point. 

imagic's Avatar imagic 11:59 AM 04-20-2014
Quote:

Oblivion will be my first one. With the subs off I've heard better mid bass punch. With the subs on I get all the punch I need. I think where these really shine is their clarity. Vocal are very nice. I think some folks will have a hard time getting past the looks. Being that visuals can have such an influence on our ears. They sound far better than their price tag IMO.

That's one of the speaker's most impressive characteristics—vocal clarity is amazing, yet overall the treble remains smooth.

AlphaPie's Avatar AlphaPie 12:31 PM 04-20-2014
Ordering mine next week. Guitar center as them for $160 locally, easy to return that way. May be selling my polks..
MUDCAT45's Avatar MUDCAT45 01:13 PM 04-20-2014
Can you cut one end off the Speakon wire and use the bare wire/banana connectors for the amp?
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 01:14 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post

Can you cut one end off the Speakon wire and use the bare wire/banana connectors for the amp?

Sure. Just remove the speakon connector and you'll have two bare wires. Attach banana plugs if you like or not.

XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 01:40 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post

Ordering mine next week. Guitar center as them for $160 locally, easy to return that way. May be selling my polks..

I predict that "may be" will turn into a "will be". 

AlphaPie's Avatar AlphaPie 02:21 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:

I predict that "may be" will turn into a "will be". 

Its not so much of my willingness to sell, but finding a buyer in my area.

Quote:

I watched several scenes of Oblivion today. As far as using one as a CC it's pretty much as good as I've personally heard. Clear and lively sound with absolutely no straining on any of the dialog. No need to spend big bucks on a quality movie experience for those who don't need pretty speakers. I think I prefer music with my Magnepans a bit over these but for HT these would be my choice. Now if I only had another room to set one up for music and one for HT.

Coming from your ears experience this sold me on it
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 02:50 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaPie View Post

Coming from your ears experience this sold me on it

Hopefully you'll agree. After reading Mark's thoughts on them and seeing his experience with speakers I thought it would be a safe bet to try them out.  I have no problem taking a gamble with speakers though. Most speakers I've had I did not audition before purchasing.

digitrip's Avatar digitrip 04:33 PM 04-20-2014
I'm sure you've answered this before, but where did you get those stands?
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 05:29 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:

I'm sure you've answered this before, but where did you get those stands?

Those are sections of an audio rack I got off craigslist for cheap. My current audio rack is the same but with four legs. Found that on CL also. Both in the Furniture section searching with the word "audio".

Skylinestar's Avatar Skylinestar 07:55 PM 04-20-2014
Is it easy to remove the speaker grille?
Skylinestar's Avatar Skylinestar 09:03 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

Thank you for the feedback! I'm actually still not over how good the 215s sound, each time I settle in for a session I think "Last time, I was just deluding myself. This time they'll sound muddy or distorted or something." And then... boom, I get totally sucked into whatever it is, be it music or movie, and they just sound "right." I've even gotten goosebumps a number of times, which is practically unheard-of at the 215s price point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagic View Post

That's one of the speaker's most impressive characteristics—vocal clarity is amazing, yet overall the treble remains smooth.
Quote:

eek.gif  Yep, that was the look I had on my face when I first listened to them. I was thinking maybe my mind/ears were playing tricks on me. I had my son come down and bring his M&K S150 THX L/R & center with him and we did some comparison listening with music and the dragon scene in the latest Hobbit movie. He had the same look on his face. They really hang with the M&K's.
Quote:

Does it sound harsh at loud volume (reference level)?
My Klipsch bookshelf speaker struggle at loud volume and lack of mids and lows. I'm looking forward to an upgrade.
XStanleyX's Avatar XStanleyX 09:14 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:

Does it sound harsh at loud volume (reference level)?
My Klipsch bookshelf speaker struggle at loud volume and lack of mids and lows. I'm looking forward to an upgrade.

I only watched about an hour of Oblivion and about 45 min. of the latest Hobbit movie. Both a -10 and didn't get any fatigue in my ears. They don't sound harsh to my ears. If they did they would be back in their boxes and ready to go back from where they came.

brianstrawberry's Avatar brianstrawberry 09:14 PM 04-20-2014
Quote:

Is it easy to remove the speaker grille?

Not really that hard, they just pull straight out. I used pliers to hold on to a small allen key that got under the grill and was able to work them out with ease.
MUDCAT45's Avatar MUDCAT45 04:41 AM 04-21-2014
Quote:

Sure. Just remove the speakon connector and you'll have two bare wires. Attach banana plugs if you like or not.

Thanks.
femi's Avatar femi 04:46 AM 04-21-2014
MUDCAT45's Avatar MUDCAT45 05:16 AM 04-21-2014

Local Guitar Center has Speakon/banana cable @ $26 for 10 ft. I was wanting to use one like in your link or a Speakon to Speakon and save $10 per cable.
Looks like I can buy the cheaper and terminate the amp end with my choice of connectors.
TheGiantPeach's Avatar TheGiantPeach 08:04 AM 04-21-2014

Has anyone measured frequency response from the MLP on these yet? Where are you guys setting your crossover? 

Tags: Behringer B215xl Passive Speaker Pair , Pioneer Elite Sc 55 Sc55 9 1 Channel 3d Ready A V Receiver , Pioneer Andrew Jones Sp Fs52 Flr Stand Loudspeaker , Behringer , B 52 Lx 1515v3 1000w Dual 15 Pa Speaker , B 52 , Behringer Eurolive B212d Active 550 Watt 2 Way Pa Speaker System With 12 Inch Woofer And 1 35 Inch C
First ... 2  3  4 5  6  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop