Martin Logan Motion or Golden Ear - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have finally narrowed down my speaker search to two.I'm looking for something small and wall mountable. I have heard the Martin Logan Motion 4 and thought they sounded really good. I also am interested in the Golden Ear Super Sat 3 but have not heard them yet as the nearest dealer is 70 miles away and I haven't found the time to get there yet. It is the tweeter that draws me to these models. It sounds real nice on the Motions compared to the Bose AM 10 I've had for the last 10 years! Question is has anyone heard both? Which do you prefer and why?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 42

Well, sure the Martin Logan sounds great compared to the Bose. Most stuff does. Make sure you do make that drive to listen to the Golden Ears before you decide.

Old 11-17-2014, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudVH View Post
I have finally narrowed down my speaker search to two.I'm looking for something small and wall mountable. I have heard the Martin Logan Motion 4 and thought they sounded really good. I also am interested in the Golden Ear Super Sat 3 but have not heard them yet as the nearest dealer is 70 miles away and I haven't found the time to get there yet. It is the tweeter that draws me to these models. It sounds real nice on the Motions compared to the Bose AM 10 I've had for the last 10 years! Question is has anyone heard both? Which do you prefer and why?
Thanks
I'm considering the exact same two speakers! Did you ever get a chance to compare the two? What did you finally end up buying?
Old 11-17-2014, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Find a dealer who sells both. Go listen to both of them. Few people on any of these sites will have heard both. Most people recommend what they bought because they spent money on what they purchased and want to feel like they made a good decision.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ended up with the Martin Logans. I did hear both brands and really liked both of them. I wanted to build my system with products from the same brand and my budget became a factor. I bought a ML Dynamo 300 for a sub much cheaper than a Goldenear would have cost me. If budget was not an issue I may have gone for the Goldenears but I have to say I am very happy with the MLs and have not looked back. Plus they look awesome on the wall! I don't think you can go wrong with either one.