need some help please? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-06-2014, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

trying to put together my speakers for my surround sound , but having trouble deciding what to do here, because there are so many good speakers out there. my room is 13 x 20 and open on one end for another 10 ft, i currantly own an integra 4.0, , switching to denon x4000,pb 12 nsd svs, center channel aperion versus grand, mains old vr 20 boston acoustics, surrounds definitive technology bookshelves, back surrounds bipol defintive technology. ok heres my delema , from what im reading online aperion is just ok, i dont want to upgrade my main speakers with aperion if i can do better my budget for mains is about 3k, i listen to music 50% movies 50%. i like nice clean sounding loud music., input would be great , thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-07-2014, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
There ARE a lot of speakers out there. That is good news! Because, especially at your price zone, most any good brand will sound good. What is optimum for you, that is another question:
- Where do you live?
- Are there any hifi shops nearby to go listen from? If not, buy from someplace with easy returns. Audio advisor and crutchfield are both nice.
- What form factor don you have in mind? Still towers?

the main, most important thing you need to do is get a matched set of three for the front. Same manufacturer, same series of speaker. That will make things much more coherent! My engineer brain strongly prefers center channels with a small midrange below the tweeter. The common design with a tweeter in between two woofers is a bad engineering design, which exists just due to cost and shape expectations.

I couldnt speak to current models, as there are so many good brands now (B & W, Polk, PSB, Energy, the real smart nice folks at NHT, Dynaudio, Canton, Mirage, KEF, etc etc). I think you need to look at a bunch of models that literally fit your space and that most importantly LOOK ATTRACTIVE to you.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-08-2014, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

i live in ohio, my main problem is that i purchased the aperion vsg center 8 months ago, and i have not heard a whole lot about them on here, my opion is that its handles alot but its just above average, if i have to pair the towers with it  then i guess i should order the towers and give them the 30 test, ? or sell the center and start over? thanks for input.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-08-2014, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
You really want your mains and your center to timbre match.

That is really a critical thing.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-08-2014, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

have u heard aperion vsg, do they sound as good as some of the other big name brands ?

post #6 of 6 Old 03-09-2014, 05:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 340
@danjay, with a $3K budget for mains and if you "like nice clean sounding loud music", you should consider the JTR Noesis 228HT for your L/C/R. There's no pics on the product page, so here's a good one:

Reply Speakers

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - X4000 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page