Help to identify and value Klipsch speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-11-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

My Grandfather passed away and we inherited his house. My Mom wants to throw these speakers in the trash, but I was curious if they have any value. I've looked up the model and can only seem to fine Klipsch CHR "II's" mentioned not "00's" like I seem to have here.

I've have plugged them in and they seem fine, but I'm a complete audio noob so any expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Here's an album images http://imgur.com/05J5jEk,iWd8QQV,xr1Ngb0,Yb6ZKs1#0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-11-2014, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Those look to be from the Chorus line. They're a three way design and where made for about four years. They're nice speakers. Don't throw them away. They look like they're in good shape. You really have something neat there. This link will give you the speaker specs and history.
http://www.klipsch.com/chorus-floorstanding-speaker/details

I'm pretty sure the difference between the Chorus two and the 00's that you have is that the Chorus two has the three way design on the front of the speaker but also has a large driver on the rear of the speaker. I believe it's a passive radiator. The Chorus 00 lacks the driver on the back of the speaker. In good shape it looks like they're worth $300-$600.
Audionoob123 likes this.
post #3 of 6 Old 03-11-2014, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post

Those look to be from the Chorus line. They're a three way design and where made for about four years. They're nice speakers. Don't throw them away. They look like they're in good shape. You really have something neat there. This link will give you the speaker specs and history.

Wow, thank you so much. Yea, I've already told my Mom I'm keeping them and your post validates my case. I'm going to research some more on them. Thanks again.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-11-2014, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post

I'm pretty sure the difference between the Chorus two and the 00's that you have is that the Chorus two has the three way design on the front of the speaker but also has a large driver on the rear of the speaker. I believe it's a passive radiator. The Chorus 00 lacks the driver on the back of the speaker. In good shape it looks like they're worth $300-$600.

Thank you very much for the reply.

post #5 of 6 Old 03-12-2014, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 17
As with other Klipsch speakers. The "OO" refers to the finish. In this case Oiled Oak.
post #6 of 6 Old 03-14-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 475
Very nice Chorus, indeed! Probably sold for around $1500, or more, New.

just 1 more pair of KLIPSCH Classic speakers...
RED AND BLUE=MAROON!

PANASONIC 60" PLASMA 3D, DENON AVR-3312CI, LG BD670 3D NETWORK BRD (iPhone APPs), TOSHIBA HD-XA2 HD DVD, SAMSUNG BD-UP5000 HD DVD/BRD, iPod 8 GB, 13.2: KLIPSCH La Scala 1980 (Crites Rebuilt Type AA Crossovers Sonicaps) FRONT, HERESY II "SIGNATURE EDITION" WIDE, HERESY II CENTER/SURROUND, kg2 SB, kg3/kg1 Front/Rear HEIGHT, RW-12d SW, km-rsw
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page