Paring speakers to a Russound MCA-C6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-26-2014, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there,

Been lurking on these forums for years for answers, and decided that there wasn't a particular old post that can answer my current question, so here goes:

I'm planning on installing a russound mca-c6 distributed audio system (http://www.russound.com/product_detail.php?i=3171), and I am looking at pairing some speaker to it. The purpose of the speakers is background music (and the speakers are distributed to reflect that), 4 zones (2x6.5 inch speakers in each) initially that will be expanded to 6 in the future, and currently I am not planning any additional amps for power.

I am open to ideas, such as adding amps if necessary. My budget is limited to about $100/speaker (I could go slightly higher). Size of speaker would be 6.5 ideally, and I am definitely wanting low profile grills.

My concern is wattage pairing, I am worried that the speakers I choose could end up being rated for a higher minimum wattage than the russound system can deliver. Quality is another concern, I know I don't need top notch quality for background music but I am still hoping to get something of good quality. I have been looking at the russound RSF-62, but am unsure of the quality.

Any advice or suggestions regarding speaker choice?

Thanks in advance!

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page