Bowers and Wilkins New 600 Series Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
post #151 of 152 Unread 06-25-2015, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
You have picked out some good equipment. What exactly about the configuration do you have questions about? My first thought is that you might need additional subwoofers especially since the system is mainly for movies.
Yep, I wrote in scheme that I will buy ASW610 this fall. The main question is, if an 6009 powerful enough to drive 684 s2 (and asw610 later) since i know all B&W speakers needs alot of power? If Marantz amplifiers match good to B&W speakers? Sure it's all pretty subjective, but i would appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.

And additional question, what do you think about B&W M1 on rears to play together wir 684s2 and asw610? Will it keeps the overall soundstage and tonality of the surround?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 152 Unread 06-26-2015, 08:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 1074
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyon_ View Post
Yep, I wrote in scheme that I will buy ASW610 this fall. The main question is, if an 6009 powerful enough to drive 684 s2 (and asw610 later) since i know all B&W speakers needs alot of power? If Marantz amplifiers match good to B&W speakers? Sure it's all pretty subjective, but i would appreciate hearing your thoughts on it.

And additional question, what do you think about B&W M1 on rears to play together wir 684s2 and asw610? Will it keeps the overall soundstage and tonality of the surround?
The 6009 should be plenty for the 684s. However, the 684s are pretty lean on bass so you will notice a big improvement once you add the subwoofer. The ASW610 is great for music but you might want to consider SVS, HSU research, or Rythmik subwoofers for HT (they're really better for everything for the same price as the ASW610).

The M1s should be just fine for surround duty. The one exception is if you will be listening to a significant amount of multi-channel music. I would suggest the 686 or 685 instead if you are planning on that.

HT: CM9 S2 FR/FL, CMC2 S1, CM5 S1 surrounds, ASW610; Yamaha rx-a2030; Parasound Halo P5; Parasound Halo A23; Oppo BDP-93; ATV
2 Channel (computer setup): Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 NrT FR/FL, ASW608; Parasound Zpre2; Parasound Zampv3; Parasound Zdac; Parasound Zphono; Rega RP1; Marantz CD5004

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers