Klipsch RF-82 vs RF-62 ii? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 Old 04-03-2014, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I found 2 sellers, one selling a pair of RF-82 (non ii's) for $400CAD and another selling a pair of RF-600B (which is the Canadian version of the RF-62iis) for $475CAD

Both great deals, but im wondering if the newer revision RF-62iis will be better than the RF-82? Smaller subs and actually paying a bit more for the 62iis. This is for a HT so sub bass is great, but i do listen to music and I like a warm tilting sound (i've heard the RF-82s have fatiguing sound)

This is for a 12x14 foot room. I'll add a sub later on.

What do you guys think? I'm also thinking of getting the matching center RC-42 (same guy thats selling the 82s)

EDIT: the center is actually the RC-62 v1
jerrolds is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 Old 04-03-2014, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
 
dowop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The RC-42 is the matching center?
dowop is offline  
post #3 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,626
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 455
It is not just the RF-82 that is fatiguing, all the reference series speakers use the same kind of compression driver. If you have heard Klipsch and like their sound, I would get smaller towers and a bigger center. You should be looking at the RC-62 or RC-64, they will integrate better.

Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
Transmaniacon is offline  
post #4 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
commsysman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,292
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

I found 2 sellers, one selling a pair of RF-82 (non ii's) for $400CAD and another selling a pair of RF-600B (which is the Canadian version of the RF-62iis) for $475CAD

Both great deals, but im wondering if the newer revision RF-62iis will be better than the RF-82? Smaller subs and actually paying a bit more for the 62iis. This is for a HT so sub bass is great, but i do listen to music and I like a warm tilting sound (i've heard the RF-82s have fatiguing sound)

This is for a 12x14 foot room. I'll add a sub later on.

What do you guys think? I'm also thinking of getting the matching center RC-42 (same guy thats selling the 82s)

These are quotes from the Home Theater Review article on those speakers:

"edgy and unnatural"

"shrill yet murky"

"lacked refinement and speed"

For the kind of sound you want, I suggest you look at speakers from Focal, PSB, Monitor Audio, or KEF.

Those Klipsch speakers really are the worst of the worst IMO.
commsysman is offline  
post #5 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
PM-Performance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

These are quotes from the Home Theater Review article on those speakers:

"edgy and unnatural"

"shrill yet murky"

"lacked refinement and speed"

For the kind of sound you want, I suggest you look at speakers from Focal, PSB, Monitor Audio, or KEF.

Those Klipsch speakers really are the worst of the worst IMO.



Lol. . . Here we go again. hahahahhaa

Anyway, If you like Klipsch then dont listen to the nay sayers. If you have not listened to Klipsch before, you may want to listen to them first.
But back to the original question, I would probably go for the bigger drivers, but not overly as much an issue if you have a good sub. If you listen to 2.0 music, you may notice a fairly decent difference then in the drivers.
I want to say the horn may be the same size between the two models you liste.

Also I would with with a min of 62 on the center channel. That 42 will not be able to keep up with those towers in my opinion of course.
Reference_head likes this.

PM-Performance is offline  
post #6 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowop View Post

The RC-42 is the matching center?

I'm sorry, I meant the center is the larger RC62 (v1)
jerrolds is offline  
post #7 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

These are quotes from the Home Theater Review article on those speakers:

"edgy and unnatural"

"shrill yet murky"

"lacked refinement and speed"

For the kind of sound you want, I suggest you look at speakers from Focal, PSB, Monitor Audio, or KEF.

Those Klipsch speakers really are the worst of the worst IMO.


Most reviews on the net are with RC-82iis, and are mostly very positive. I've read that an AB test of the RF-62 and 62ii were identical. But ive been a head-fier recently and my at home headphones are Ortho Dynamics HiFiMan HE-400, which are known to have fast/tight bass. The sibilance is kinda high on the HE-400s but i EQ them out, bass/mids are great and the sepearation is amazing.

But the Klipsch are mostly for Home Theatre - and having big thundering bass is always fun (for Jurassic Park TRex scene for example). They may not bet the best, but i have to keep in mind the price ..$400CAD flat for the pair...while the 82iis sell for $599USD each, and have a 5/5 star rating (if that means anything) .

My end game would be something like the Martin Logan ESL - electostatic towers would be awesome (assuming the room is big enough and positioning is optimal)

I wont be getting a sub for awhile, currently living in an apartment style condo so ill probably only have these towers at a fraction of what they can do (dont want to be *that* neighbour)- but they'll be moving into a house within a year.

Which models of your suggested brands would you suggest? If i want to get a "Cinema sound"
jerrolds is offline  
post #8 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post

It is not just the RF-82 that is fatiguing, all the reference series speakers use the same kind of compression driver. If you have heard Klipsch and like their sound, I would get smaller towers and a bigger center. You should be looking at the RC-62 or RC-64, they will integrate better.

I was mistaken - itll be the RF-82s with RC-62 (the bigger center) - what do you think of that combo? Or should i just get the RC-62 and pair it with the RF-62iis?
jerrolds is offline  
post #9 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 416
The RF600 is actually the RF62 version 1 rebadged as a cheaper alternative to the version 2. So in this case you'd be better off with the RF82 version 1.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #10 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

The RF600 is actually the RF62 version 1 rebadged as a cheaper alternative to the version 2. So in this case you'd be better off with the RF82 version 1.

Its branded as RF-600B which i believe is = to RF-62ii
jerrolds is offline  
post #11 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

Its branded as RF-600B which i believe is = to RF-62ii

"B" just means black.

Easy way to tell is by looking at the drivers. The version 1 drivers are a lighter color copper and have a more pronounced circle in the middle. Also the outriggers on the bottom are different.

http://www.klipsch.com/rf-series



http://www.klipsch.com/reference-floorstanding-speakers


Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #12 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Ah ok thanks - i think the feet are different too, the ii's have like a horizontal tab on the back while the v1's have fins or something.

This makes the decision easier (unless i choose to not get $400 RC-82s all together)
jerrolds is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,358
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post

It is not just the RF-82 that is fatiguing, all the reference series speakers use the same kind of compression driver. If you have heard Klipsch and like their sound, I would get smaller towers and a bigger center. You should be looking at the RC-62 or RC-64, they will integrate better.

Fwiw, the RC-62 and RC-64 are completely different speakers with different compression drivers...That said, the RF-7IIs use a similar compression driver as the RC-64II and were voice-matched and are not as bright as the lower end models from what I've seen reported. I have the Original RF-7s/RC-7 up front and they aren't fatiguing at all.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #14 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,358
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

I found 2 sellers, one selling a pair of RF-82 (non ii's) for $400CAD and another selling a pair of RF-600B (which is the Canadian version of the RF-62iis) for $475CAD

Both great deals, but im wondering if the newer revision RF-62iis will be better than the RF-82? Smaller subs and actually paying a bit more for the 62iis. This is for a HT so sub bass is great, but i do listen to music and I like a warm tilting sound (i've heard the RF-82s have fatiguing sound)

This is for a 12x14 foot room. I'll add a sub later on.

What do you guys think? I'm also thinking of getting the matching center RC-42 (same guy thats selling the 82s)

EDIT: the center is actually the RC-62 v1

If you like a warmer sound I'm not sure either speaker would fit that criteria. For the most part ,the RF-62 and RF-82 are going to sound similar and will definitely be on the brighter side compared to non-horn speakers. [Note: the RF-82s will give you better bass because of the LF drivers, but both share similar horn tweeters.}
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #15 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,358
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by commsysman View Post

These are quotes from the Home Theater Review article on those speakers:

"edgy and unnatural"

"shrill yet murky"

"lacked refinement and speed"

For the kind of sound you want, I suggest you look at speakers from Focal, PSB, Monitor Audio, or KEF.

I agree the OP may want a warmer speaker, but was curious which speaker the reviewer was talking about so I did a search and came up with this: http://hometheaterreview.com/klipsch-rf-82-floorstanding-loudspeakers-reviewed/

Granted, the reviewer did say the above, but also gave it high marks so the OP may benefit from reading the entire review.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #16 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

Fwiw, the RC-62 and RC-64 are completely different speakers with different compression drivers...That said, the RF-7IIs use a similar compression driver as the RC-64II and were voice-matched and are not as bright as the lower end models from what I've seen reported. I have the Original RF-7s/RC-7 up front and they aren't fatiguing at all.

While bright, I don't find my klipsch to be harsh or fatiguing. Though I don't listen to music much over -20db. In my small room 9' to the MLP it's really loud at that point.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I think for the price, i cant beat this "deal" assuming the speakers are fine - and the guy is just looking for money. If they sound 90-95% of the RF-82iis and RC-62iis, they sell for 3X the price plus tax.

One thing that im kind of worried about, is that in the near future itll be in my living room which is about 11 feet deep, 17 feet wide and 8 feet high. The right side opens up to the dining room/hallway. I would guess from the listening position the front of the 82s will be about 9 feet lol. On top of that i live in an apartment style condo - so i think the volume will be a fraction of it will be once i move into a house.

My downstairs neighbour and i are friends, he texts me if things get too loud. Im currently using a Samsung sound bar (i know i know) and even when i crank it he doesnt seem to mind.

Any thoughts on the price? $400CAD for 2xRF-82s and $250CAD for the RC-62 center. I'll eventually get surrounds/subs once I move.
jerrolds is offline  
post #18 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 416
The center seems a little high in comparison but still seems like a nice deal.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,358
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

I think for the price, i cant beat this "deal" assuming the speakers are fine - and the guy is just looking for money. If they sound 90-95% of the RF-82iis and RC-62iis, they sell for 3X the price plus tax.

One thing that im kind of worried about, is that in the near future itll be in my living room which is about 11 feet deep, 17 feet wide and 8 feet high. The right side opens up to the dining room/hallway. I would guess from the listening position the front of the 82s will be about 9 feet lol. On top of that i live in an apartment style condo - so i think the volume will be a fraction of it will be once i move into a house.

My downstairs neighbour and i are friends, he texts me if things get too loud. Im currently using a Samsung sound bar (i know i know) and even when i crank it he doesnt seem to mind.

Any thoughts on the price? $400CAD for 2xRF-82s and $250CAD for the RC-62 center. I'll eventually get surrounds/subs once I move.


That seems like a good deal....Fwiw, I wouldn't sell my RF-7s for twice the price you are paying for your front soundstage and you are getting a center channel.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #20 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,048
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 613
Buy both 82s and 62s, compare them, and use the winners for the front stage and the losers for the surround channels.
shadyJ is online now  
post #21 of 28 Old 04-04-2014, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Zen Traveler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,358
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post

Buy both 82s and 62s, compare them, and use the winners for the front stage and the losers for the surround channels.

I wouldn't....I would use either one for a front soundstage and then upgrade for a better soundstage later--Of course, this is my 2 cents and YMMV.
Zen Traveler is online now  
post #22 of 28 Old 04-05-2014, 03:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Reference_head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,998
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrolds View Post

I found 2 sellers, one selling a pair of RF-82 (non ii's) for $400CAD and another selling a pair of RF-600B (which is the Canadian version of the RF-62iis) for $475CAD

Both great deals, but im wondering if the newer revision RF-62iis will be better than the RF-82? Smaller subs and actually paying a bit more for the 62iis. This is for a HT so sub bass is great, but i do listen to music and I like a warm tilting sound (i've heard the RF-82s have fatiguing sound)

This is for a 12x14 foot room. I'll add a sub later on.

What do you guys think? I'm also thinking of getting the matching center RC-42 (same guy thats selling the 82s)

EDIT: the center is actually the RC-62 v1
If both speakers are used go with the 82s. 400 is a good price for used 82s. But 475 is high for used 62s. Don't look at the retail price. Klipsch street price is 70% or less of retail. You can find a used rc62 for 200-250 tops. That with the $400 82s would put you at 600 for your front stage. I ran that at one time and it's a really nice set up.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and Heresy II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reference_head is offline  
post #23 of 28 Old 04-17-2014, 05:35 AM
Newbie
 
siik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Same thing here, I've bought 2x RF-82 and a RC-62 for 600$ last week. My room is 16'x12' and I'm listening that at around 8-9'. For now, I've took my old Pioneer VSX-305 from the garage. The sound is awesome compare to my old pioneer speakers.
I'm in the process to buy a new receiver like the Denon X4000.
I'm also buying some RS-42 next month for surrounds and looking for a sub20hz woofer like the SW-115.
siik is offline  
post #24 of 28 Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 3,263
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by siik View Post

Same thing here, I've bought 2x RF-82 and a RC-62 for 600$ last week. My room is 16'x12' and I'm listening that at around 8-9'. For now, I've took my old Pioneer VSX-305 from the garage. The sound is awesome compare to my old pioneer speakers.
I'm in the process to buy a new receiver like the Denon X4000.
I'm also buying some RS-42 next month for surrounds and looking for a sub20hz woofer like the SW-115.

You can get the RS400s for less than half the price of the RS42s new. Probably even less than used RS42s and you don't have to wait to find them. They are virtually identical.

For a sub you'd be better off going with a SVS PB2000 or PSA XV15 in that price range.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Kini62 is offline  
post #25 of 28 Old 04-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Newbie
 
siik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh, I've found them, used RS-42 first gen, for 200$ cad a pair.
siik is offline  
post #26 of 28 Old 04-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
baloo_btru's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Traveler View Post

I agree the OP may want a warmer speaker, but was curious which speaker the reviewer was talking about so I did a search and came up with this: http://hometheaterreview.com/klipsch-rf-82-floorstanding-loudspeakers-reviewed/

Granted, the reviewer did say the above, but also gave it high marks so the OP may benefit from reading the entire review.

Exactly. He cherry picked the 3 negative fragments and posts them as the end-all be-all. FWIW I have the rf-82 ii and have never found them overly bright or fatiguing. Many agree with me and there are lots of happy owners. Listen to them then decide.

- Klipsch RF-82 ii, RC-62 ii, RS-52 ii
- Klipsch RW-12D
- Sony HW50es
- Firehawk G3
- Denon 2113
baloo_btru is offline  
post #27 of 28 Old 04-17-2014, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jerrolds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 17
It's too bad, i really wanted these RF82s and RC62 - but the seller sold it to someone else before i could meet him.

I did end up getting a 5 piece set of Energy Veritas Minis for $300, going to build my HT around that (need a decent receiver and thinking of paring with SVS PB-1000 sub)
jerrolds is offline  
post #28 of 28 Old 05-15-2014, 02:30 AM
Newbie
 
daddyo702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello everyone, first post here. I feel bad for the OP losing out on the set of Klipsch RF's 82's that he wanted. I'll be pretty bummed out too. I myself was little lucky though in that regards having able to score a 4 day old set of Klipsch RF-82ii's, an RC-62ii and a pair of Klipsch RS-400 for surrounds. Guess the RS-400's are the Canadian version of our RS-42ii's, just re-badged for a different market. Found it on our local craigslist which I was a bit hesitant to even contact the seller but that desire and leap of faith revealed that the only reason why he was selling is because it did not pass the WAF. He purchased the towers and the center at Sound Distributors and the surrounds at Crutchfield. He too was pretty disappointed as he loves that Klipsch sound and might end up getting more expensive on his part as he wants those in wall Reference ones as he has limited space. He just pretty much opened it to test them out and check for any damages and less than a week later, he has to let them go. 

 

Don't mean to hijack the OP but in correlation to his question, was 1400.00 for the set a good deal? I feel like its a not the best deal ever coz they are technically used but are fair to say brand "nused" I can say I'm really happy with the purchase. I was just at RC Willey two days before this deal and I almost splurged 1750 plus tax without the surrounds. :p

 

HT and music just sounds sooo much better now coming from some Klipsch Synergy F-30, C-20 and S-10 group(now on Craigslist) which is also not too shabby for their price point. I find myself actually listening to my old CD's played through the blu-ray player as opposed to just Pandora and Airplay and still not find my ears fatigued. Paired them with an HSU VTF-2 MK4 and my humble setup don't seem all too humble now. Well, maybe for the weakest link which is my AVR, a meager Sony STR-DH810, which by the way, seems to sound a lot better with the Reference speakers, (newbie ears:o). My experience with Klipsch are just pretty awesome to my liking as they are very efficient comparing them to my beginner sets of Sony SS-F7000 and the ones on my bedroom now which are the Bic-FH65B's paired with a Bic F-12 running off a Sony STR-DH740. Should I just splurge and get a better ones to match the 82ii's? Maybe a Pioneer SC-1523-K with those Class D amplifier? Any input would be greatly appreciated.Thank you kindly...

daddyo702 is offline  
Reply Speakers
Gear in this thread - RF-82 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off