KEF T305 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2014, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

anyone in here know anything about kef t305?  If you had a chance to listen to t305 please let me know how it sounds,  I just moved into a new house and i was thinking about getting t305 for my living room.   I think it will go well with all my furnitures and the layout of the room but I have no idea how it will sound.   Room size is approximately 18x20 with 12ft high ceiling.  My budget is around $1500 for the speakers.. any advice is greatly appreciated since my level of knowledge is very poor when it comes to speakers. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2014, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I tried the 305 (301 speaker) and it is decent but not great for sound, it's big advantage is its looks and price. I tried others as well and my favorite in that price range for sound quality is the Paradigm MilleniaOne. It might not fit your décor, my wife likes the look of them. She even likes them better with the grill off. If you are looking for more of flat type speakers I don't think any other on wall speakers are quite as thin or look as nice as the T305 without spending more.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-16-2014, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11

The biggest issue with KEF T series speakers is that they must be used with a crossover at minimum 120Hz (according to the manual) and according to independent measurements, their -3dB point is much higher than even that. With such weak midrange, you must put subwoofer as close to the center speaker as possible and it still is not really flawless to rely that much on subwoofer (mono male voices in movies anyone?). On the other hand, without paying much more there is hardly anything better that still looks as good & flat as KEF T series.

post #4 of 4 Old 04-16-2014, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 95
I own and like KEF speakers but wouldn't recommend the T series. Whether it's the KEF T or some other "flat" form speaker you'll get much better sound for your dollar with bookshelf speakers.
Reply Speakers
Gear in this thread - T305 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page