JBL Studio 290. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-17-2014, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys. I'm new here and not that good at english so i apologize if i make any type-o's.

But anyways. I'm looking for a new music system for my dining room. It'll probably be my primary system because that's the room i use the most especially when i'm having the guys over for a few beers erc. Therefore it should have the ability to play pretty loud. But it has to sound good too.

I have been looking at hundreds of different systems by now and i simply cannot decide what i should by. Although the one i like the most right now migkt be a combination of the Harman Kardon HK3770 reciever paired with the JBL Studio 290. The problem is that i can't find any real reviews of them and i have no idea how they sound and if they are any good? And what about the HK3770? Is it any good and how about the power, is it powerful enough for those 8inch woofers?
I really hope someone can help me figure it out:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2014, 12:35 PM

I had the Jbl 290 and hk3770 for a few weeks now. The amplifier can pump out some bass from the speakers and the design is nice. I use tone controls and has the bass at 04+ and treble at 04-. According to Jbl the speaker should be balanced but I think they are a little bright and the speakers are big but afterall compared to other speakers in its pricerange they are among the better I think. I can add to say that there is no noise from the bassports.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2014, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

My biggest problem is that i have to choose between which speakers i will listen to because i have one hell of a drive in opposite directions to audition them.
My main candidates are the JBL's offcause. The Klipsch Rf62ll, Monitor Audio Bx6, Boston Acoustics A360.
But i really don't don't know which way to go. The JBL and the Klipsch is at the same dealer so i'm pretty much leaning in that direction. All though i don't think that the Klipsch will be able to throw the same punch as the JBL?
post #4 of 6 Old 04-18-2014, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

#2. That's good to hear. What's the distance from the back of the speakers to the wall? I heard that the klipsch need a solid 40centimeters and that could very well be a deal breaker for me.
post #5 of 6 Old 04-18-2014, 03:52 AM

I believe the Jbl 290 has more punch then the speaker mentioned but certainly not more then the bigger klipsch 82II. I also think the boston 360 is a safe card, try to listen and compare for yourself. I seen very good reviews on the klipsch but they might cost a bit more then the Jbls? I dont think a small distance from walls will degrade the sound so much, talk with the dealer.

post #6 of 6 Old 04-22-2014, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, well. I heard that the Rf82ll had to much bass, which ruins the mid?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page