Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-18-2014, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Hey all,

Just wondering if any of the pros here have any idea what's wrong with my speaker. I started noticing some weird vibrations coming from this particular speaker a couple months ago with certain songs when they seem to hit a certain frequency. I chalked it up to something vibrating on my wall but kept putting it off as I've been fairly busy.
Last week I decided to try to deduce what picture was rattling - so took literally everything off the wall, and still heard the vibration. I picked the speaker off the shelf and moved it, and realized the buzz was coming from the cabinet or cone itself. I tried swapping it out for another B5 ( I have 4 of them, in addition to T6s and a C5) but couldn't recreate the problem with the other speaker. I figured I'd better take it back before the warranty runs out so I rooted around for my receipt and realized it runs out tomorrow!

I've put in a claim with PSB via e-mail today just in case (they're closed today for Easter) so hopefully it will fall within the 1 year warranty period. In any case I recorded it with my cell phone - if you listen you'll here random vibrations coming from the cone. Any idea what the problem is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7u1NPhVrA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello Sean I feel like that's the problem too a blown driver the bass can't reproduce the sound the way it should what kind of receiver do you have and do you own a amp do you have any other speakers other then the psb b-5.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-19-2014, 08:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark42mc View Post

Hello Sean I feel like that's the problem too a blown driver the bass can't reproduce the sound the way it should what kind of receiver do you have and do you own a amp do you have any other speakers other then the psb b-5.

I've got a 9.2 set up of PSB speakers. 4 PSB B5s, 2 T6s, C5, 2 B4s. I couldn't recreate the problem swapping out that speaker with another B5 so it is most definitely the speaker. FWIW it's being driven by a Denon X4000 ( with a Onkyo M-282 driving the fronts). I'm bringing it by the dealer today where they'll ship it back to PSB for repair. I'm just curious what the malfunction is in the mean time smile.gif

Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page