Need advice on B&W center 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-20-2014, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 2 CM9 and the 610xp sub connected to mye onkyo tx-nr3009 and im now looking to get a center speaker.

Ive been looking at the C2 and it looks like it would be a good addition. Anyone have any suggestion to a better choice? Also i might go for some rear-speakers, ive seen the ds3 and some of the others in the CM series but im unsure whats the best choice there.
The ds3 seems like the way to go but ive seen other people say it isnt that good.

Any help is greatly appreciated smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 43
I've got a similar setup and went with a C2 for center, CM5s for rears and DS3s for sides. While the C2 is a nice speaker, if I had to do it again, I'd get a single CM9 and use that as a center. Maybe its mental, but I feel like I'm missing something from my center channel.

The CM5 is a bona fide bookshelf speaker and is probably overkill for rears, but I had them so I used them. If you want to save some $$, go with the CM1. The DS3 is OK in monopole mode, but really falls off in quality in dipole mode. I went with them anyway because I had limited space on the sides and needed a speaker that didn't protrude into the room as much.

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
Old 04-20-2014, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipszyc View Post

I've got a similar setup and went with a C2 for center, CM5s for rears and DS3s for sides. While the C2 is a nice speaker, if I had to do it again, I'd get a single CM9 and use that as a center. Maybe its mental, but I feel like I'm missing something from my center channel.

The CM5 is a bona fide bookshelf speaker and is probably overkill for rears, but I had them so I used them. If you want to save some $$, go with the CM1. The DS3 is OK in monopole mode, but really falls off in quality in dipole mode. I went with them anyway because I had limited space on the sides and needed a speaker that didn't protrude into the room as much.

A single cm9 as a center? That would cost more then the C2. Have you tried the DS3 as rears?