AVS Forum banner

Pioneer SP-FS52 vs Polk Audio TSX330T?

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  butie120 
#1 ·
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexloc  /t/1528642/pioneer-sp-fs52-vs-polk-audio-tsx330t#post_24637651

Im looking at these two entry level floor speakers, which would be the better ones to go with? They're both $125-$130 at Best Buy.

Pioneers

Pioneer SP-FS52
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/5-1-4-floor-speaker-each/5086937.p?id=1218610014331&skuId=5086937&st=categoryid$abcat0205003&cp=1&lp=2

Polk Audio TSX330T
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/tsx-series-dual-6-1-2-3-way-floorstanding-loudspeaker-each/8815184.p?id=1218902554695&skuId=8815184&st=categoryid$abcat0205003&cp=1&lp=1

It totally depends on what type of sound you're looking for. I listened to both separately on different occasions and liked them both, but when listening back to back I liked the Polk better because I liked the forward sound of the Polks better (The Pios almost sounded muddy in comparison). YMMV so I'd go and listen to them both, but both are nice entry level speakers, well built and worth the price.

Reactions: drexloc
#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr266  /t/1528642/pioneer-sp-fs52-vs-polk-audio-tsx330t#post_24637899

It totally depends on what type of sound you're looking for. I listened to both separately on different occasions and liked them both, but when listening back to back I liked the Polk better because I liked the forward sound of the Polks better (The Pios almost sounded muddy in comparison). YMMV so I'd go and listen to them both, but both are nice entry level speakers, well built and worth the price.
I was thinking the same thing, but none of the Best Buys around here seem to have those Polk Audios in store. Both have tons of great reviews though.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexloc  /t/1528642/pioneer-sp-fs52-vs-polk-audio-tsx330t#post_24640215

Quote:

I was thinking the same thing, but none of the Best Buys around here seem to have those Polk Audios in store. Both have tons of great reviews though.

I would go with the Pioneers hands down. These Pioneers are absolutely remarkable for the price. Andrew Jones knows what he's doing. Also, never spend $125 on these speakers. They routinely go on sale that it would be a theft if you paid full price. The towers go down to about $87 each, sometimes lower if you're really patient. I own the FS52 and the SP-C22 and they are great.

Reactions: drexloc
#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120  /t/1528642/pioneer-sp-fs52-vs-polk-audio-tsx330t#post_24640371

I would go with the Pioneers hands down. These Pioneers are absolutely remarkable for the price. Andrew Jones knows what he's doing. Also, never spend $125 on these speakers. They routinely go on sale that it would be a theft if you paid full price. The towers go down to about $87 each, sometimes lower if you're really patient. I own the FS52 and the SP-C22 and they are great.
Cool .... thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they go on sale soon.

#6 ·
The pioneers have a really dull sound and are not very sensitive speakers so they will require more power. I don't understand why they are so popular. Definitely go with the Polk.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychobrew  /t/1528642/pioneer-sp-fs52-vs-polk-audio-tsx330t#post_24653257

The pioneers have a really dull sound and are not very sensitive speakers so they will require more power. I don't understand why they are so popular. Definitely go with the Polk.

To YOU they have a dull sound. They are popular because of their price point, their range, and the fact that sound wise they compete with speakers that are 3-4x the cost. I hope you aren't going off what you heard in a store as well. I'm not trying to change your opinion, but until you test them out in your own home with some calibration, I question how these can sound dull.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by butie120  /t/1528642/pioneer-sp-fs52-vs-polk-audio-tsx330t#post_24653289

To YOU they have a dull sound.

Right - audio is subjective

The phase (2) Pioneer speakers, do not sound dull to me.

OP, audition and then make a choice - no one can speak for your ears.

Are you committed to just towers - there are some nice bookshelf options

to be found out there.

#9 ·
Yeah, I would audition them as well. I have the FS-52s and SP-C22 up front, and for my surrounds I have the Fluance XLBPs. My wife and I had our parents over to watch World War Z with the projection screen. Needless to say it was an experience like none other. You feel so immersed in the experience with the sound that I can't imagine paying $12 to see a movie in the theaters again. Test em out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.