Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-21-2014, 09:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Dayton speakers?!?!? worth while?

Hi Everybody,

I have recently had a house built, with the new floor plan I don't want my big stereo upstairs and will put it downstairs in the media room.

I have had the main floor wired for in-wall speakers. 2 in the living room across from were the TV will sit and 2 in the dining room to fill the kitchen. My plan is to play music on the in-wall speakers.

for the TV I plan to have a soundbar to bring up the quality from the TV, (to please my wife who has lamented not having good quality sound upstairs anymore).

my electrician recomended that instead of picking up a big name speaker he pointed me in the direction of Dayton audio. I have never heard of these before and am leary of buying a speaker that doesnt have a heftier price tag. any thoughts??

As well I need advice on a decent sound bar for the TV it will be in a nook on a stand above the fireplace, so the tv can sit on the sound bar if required (or I could hang the tv in the nook above the sound bar.) I would like to be able to use the two in-walls in the living room as surrounds while watching tv/movies. so the soundbar will need to be tied into my AVR (yamaha RXV-1400 7.1 older but still good)

I would prefer to stay under $1000.00 for the soundbar, but the in-walls I would have no idea. all I want is really decent sound to fill the main level. but I have seen a huge range in pricing so I don't know what to think.

any thoughts will help.

P.s. I plan to have a sub on the main floor (only 870 Sq/Ft)

Thanks,
Richard Henry
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page