AVS Forum banner

High Quality but wireless and compact sound system

543 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  SyntheticShrimp 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to set up a high quality, compact, home theatre system in a small condo.

Unfortunately, I absolutely cannot have wires between my front speakers/av receiver and rear speakers. I can have wires between my rear speakers and subwoofer if the subwoofer is placed in the back.

I was leaning towards a 5.1 system with a wall mounted soundbar and two satellite speakers as I'm limited in space (though I'm open to other ideas). Looked into klipsh gallery but don't think I can avoid having a wire between the rear and front speaker areas.

What speakers, subwoofer, a/v receiver should I get to achieve this semi wireless system?

I'd like to stay within $2000 but willing to spend up to $3000 if the sound quality is very much improved with the added cost.

Also, another option is that I've got a pair of active studio monitor dynaudio BM5as that I use for my keyboard right now. I thought about using those as my front speakers partially cause I love the sound and also cause my room has hardwood floors and tends to echo sound a lot (and in all honesty because I'd like to same money if I could while still maintaining high quality sound).

I've got a 12' by 25' great room. The room is arranged so that the flat screen tv is mounted right in the middle on the longer 25' wall. The 3 seat couch sites right against the other 25' long wall directly opposite the tv so the distance between couch and tv is 12'.

Thanks.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks guys.

The Sonos system would work for me but do you guys think a Klipsh Gallery series using their G-42 soundbar and G-12 rear with a wireless adapter like the Rocketfish would sound better?

It's a shame we can't try before we buy with audio - at least not this time since Best Buy doesn't have all the Gallery speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.