AVS Forum banner

UPNP Wifi Speakers ?

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  johnt2k7 
#1 ·
so iv been looking around and cant find any clear info.

i have a media computer in the bedroom connected to my flat screen, it runs XBMC and and holds all my data. I can stream tv and audio to other rooms in the house that have chromecast or OUYA. Using Bubble UPNP or Yatse on androind.

im looking for a wifi speaker that is UPNP Compatible. i know SONOS would work but im not trying to buy several $300 speakers just to have wireless audio in the bathroom, porch and dining room.

i really like the IHome IW3 because it has a battery and i could carry it out on the deck for a few hours and not have to worry about plugging it in. but its AIRPLAY and right now not compatible with XBMC or Foobar.

most of the other reasonably priced units like the sony SA10 and panisonic SMA4 dont say anything about UPNP compatible they work with airplay, their home theaters and their propitiatory software but no mention of other networking protocols

only other option i have found would be a Auris Sky on a i pod dock ?

any help would be much appreciated. thanks

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.