Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Speaker System below £300

Hi

Basically I am looking for some new speakers that cost less than £300. I have no idea what I should be looking for really and so I am looking for some advice.
They will be plugged into my computer which has an asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard with a decent on-board soundcard.
I mainly listen to Hip hop, dance, electronic music, so the bass is the most best part for me, after that I listen to alot of rock so those are really the only preferences.
I have been looking around and some people said that a 2.1 decent pc set are good, others are saying that a pair of bookshelve speakers, a good subwoofer and an amp are the way to go. Any help would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2014, 10:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 648
Wharfedale makes good passive speakers and is a UK brand. You might look into them. I don't know what the good values are on subwoofers in the UK.

For computer multimedia speakers, Edifier is a popular brand in the UK.

If you were wiling to build in pieces, a good route to go could be to get powered studio monitors with your current budget, and then buy a sub on down the road after you save up for it separately.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-27-2014, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 133
If you have more than one source, I'd recommend passive speakers. Active speakers only have a single input, unless you then use a amp to switch inputs. You could consider second hand, you'd get some nice standmounts for £300.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #4 of 5 Old 06-27-2014, 04:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1249 View Post
Hi

Basically I am looking for some new speakers that cost less than £300. I have no idea what I should be looking for really and so I am looking for some advice.
They will be plugged into my computer which has an asus Maximus V Extreme motherboard with a decent on-board soundcard.
I mainly listen to Hip hop, dance, electronic music, so the bass is the most best part for me, after that I listen to alot of rock so those are really the only preferences.
I have been looking around and some people said that a 2.1 decent pc set are good, others are saying that a pair of bookshelve speakers, a good subwoofer and an amp are the way to go. Any help would be much appreciated.

A decent amp plus bookshelf speakers is going to run more like 600L.

Some powered speakers are in your price range, but I don't know what is available in the UK.

I use the Audioengine 2, which are very good.

If you want to switch between sources, there are switch boxes that are very inexpensive and usually will let you switch between 4 sources.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-27-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 133
but also need hdmi, hdmi audio..xbox ps3 etc

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

Reply Speakers

Tags