post #121 of 161 Old 07-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post
I wonder how much he has to charge for shipping, and where they are located.
Located in the DC area. I had a prototype, earlier version sent out to me in AZ for I think $60.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 161 Old 07-15-2014, 06:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
I wonder how much he has to charge for shipping, and where they are located.
Shipping from where he is (20816) to my address in Houston was $75 for both of the towers in addition to the $275 listed cost earlier
post #123 of 161 Old 07-18-2014, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hey all! I just want to give everyone an update.

I hooked up the Denon AVR-E300 and I purchased the Pioneer SP-BS22 AJ's from Best Busy yesterday. The receiver is really nice and seems to function properly. I do like the Audyessy function and how it sets the sound levels according to my room; very nice feature.

The Pioneer SP-BS22 AJ's sound great (better than my sound bar). I didn't think two speakers could make much of a difference, hence I was wrong! The only thing I noticed with the setup (and not sure if it is related to the speakers or the receiver), is I cannot hear anything below 26.0 on the volume. Is it supposed to go from 0. -26.0 with no noise, then slowly start to get louder?

I do want to buy another pair of speakers for the front so I have something to compare too. Right now, they sound amazing, but maybe the HTD or Polks would sound even better!?

I was looking on Newegg and saw these Pioneer AJ's for sale:

Pioneer SP-BS21-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers Pair - $49.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82117405&cm_sp=

Are they better than the SP-BS22's? For $49.99, I could get back speakers as well.
post #124 of 161 Old 07-18-2014, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 172
The Pioneer speakers are just not very sensitive. not sure at what numerical value you should expect to hear them, but they are weak speakers in term of capability to get real loud (what would anyone expect for under 100/pr).
the BS21 have 4 inch woofer and sensitivity of 84 db, which is real low. The BS 22, with a similar 4" woofer, has a claimed sensitivity of 87db, so it should get louder!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #125 of 161 Old 07-18-2014, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihawk View Post
The Pioneer speakers are just not very sensitive. not sure at what numerical value you should expect to hear them, but they are weak speakers in term of capability to get real loud (what would anyone expect for under 100/pr).
the BS21 have 4 inch woofer and sensitivity of 84 db, which is real low. The BS 22, with a similar 4" woofer, has a claimed sensitivity of 87db, so it should get louder!

I'm not looking for a numerical value per say. I was wondering if this was normal for these speakers. Thanks for the info though!
post #126 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 221
That doesn't make any sense. At this point I would go to your avr thread and talk them about any volume issues you may have.

I'm guessing it's a misunderstanding of how your avr and it's settings work.
post #127 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I stopped by Best Buy last night to look at their open box items. I was hoping they would have a set of front speakers for sale (at a cheaper price). I didn't find any open box front speakers for sale; however, I did find a receiver.

A Yamaha RX-V675 was on the shelf as an open box item. The receiver is regularly $599.99 and was priced at $356.99. I spoke with the sales associate and talked him down to $279.00 since there was no remote/manual (and the label stated no missing accessories). The sales associate told me I have 15 days to try it out and return it if I don't like it. I looked online and found the remote for $23.00. Also, this receiver had multiple great reviews (from what I could tell). I couldn't pass this opportunity up to get a $599.99 receiver for $279.00 and I was certain it wouldn't last long on the self and someone else would grab it.

I purchased the receiver and wanted to find out from you all, if this receiver is worth $279.00? I looked on accessories4less.com and I am able to return the Denon AVR-E300, but I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee. If anything, I can return the Yamaha within 15 days and receive my full refund.

Did I find a good buy?!
post #128 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

It's hard to tell, you could ask the Yamaha thread. I'm not sure how many responses you'll get in this thread. I know nothing about current pricing on AVR's.

IMO, generally I believe that per $1000 you spend at Best Buy you could have only spent $600 online, ballpark. Of course people could find open box deals like you did, or they could price match.

I don't know much about Yamaha and its community here. The Denon guys here are very helpful. I've noticed all my questions about my Denon avr are immediately answered.

You could probably search that avr on slickdeals to see what they have been selling for.

Do you have to pay for shipping and a restocking fee?
post #129 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It's hard to tell, you could ask the Yamaha thread. I'm not sure how many responses you'll get in this thread. I know nothing about current pricing on AVR's.

IMO, generally I believe that per $1000 you spend at Best Buy you could have only spent $600 online, ballpark. Of course people could find open box deals like you did, or they could price match.

I don't know much about Yamaha and its community here. The Denon guys here are very helpful. I've noticed all my questions about my Denon avr are immediately answered.

You could probably search that avr on slickdeals to see what they have been selling for.

Do you have to pay for shipping and a restocking fee?
Thanks for the info. I posted on the Yamaha RX -V 75 owners thread.

Yes, I am responsible for shipping and a 15% restocking fee
post #130 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 1927
fwiw, I would not burden yourself on the electronics (the denon avr is all you need and more for now especially with your budget.) I would concentrate on front speakers and sub. these are what makes your quality sound system. just my 2 cents

i'm so laid back,i'm laid out
post #131 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curlyp View Post
Thanks for the info. I posted on the Yamaha RX -V 75 owners thread.

Yes, I am responsible for shipping and a 15% restocking fee
How much does that come out to?
post #132 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
How much does that come out to?
Not sure as I don't know how much UPS will charge to ship it.
post #133 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Well, I stopped by Best Buy last night to look at their open box items. I was hoping they would have a set of front speakers for sale (at a cheaper price). I didn't find any open box front speakers for sale; however, I did find a receiver.

A Yamaha RX-V675 was on the shelf as an open box item. The receiver is regularly $599.99 and was priced at $356.99. I spoke with the sales associate and talked him down to $279.00 since there was no remote/manual (and the label stated no missing accessories). The sales associate told me I have 15 days to try it out and return it if I don't like it. I looked online and found the remote for $23.00. Also, this receiver had multiple great reviews (from what I could tell). I couldn't pass this opportunity up to get a $599.99 receiver for $279.00 and I was certain it wouldn't last long on the self and someone else would grab it.

I purchased the receiver and wanted to find out from you all, if this receiver is worth $279.00? I looked on accessories4less.com and I am able to return the Denon AVR-E300, but I will have to pay a 15% restocking fee. If anything, I can return the Yamaha within 15 days and receive my full refund.

Did I find a good buy?!
Who cares whether you got a "good deal"? All that matters is which receiver better meets your needs. You'll get much better responses if you frame your question that way. I don't know these two receivers, so I'm afraid I can't provide feedback on them.

Benq W1070 projector w/ Chief RSM mount with custom interface bracket
119" Da-Lite Cinema Contour with High-Contrast (gray) Da-Mat screen
Denon X2000 receiver fed by Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Bluray player
Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #134 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

I hooked up the Denon AVR-E300 and I purchased the Pioneer SP-BS22 AJ's from Best Busy yesterday. The receiver is really nice and seems to function properly. I do like the Audyessy function and how it sets the sound levels according to my room; very nice feature.

The Pioneer SP-BS22 AJ's sound great (better than my sound bar). I didn't think two speakers could make much of a difference, hence I was wrong! The only thing I noticed with the setup (and not sure if it is related to the speakers or the receiver), is I cannot hear anything below 26.0 on the volume. Is it supposed to go from 0. -26.0 with no noise, then slowly start to get louder?

I do want to buy another pair of speakers for the front so I have something to compare too. Right now, they sound amazing, but maybe the HTD or Polks would sound even better!?

Are they better than the SP-BS22's? For $49.99, I could get back speakers as well.
Have you listened to the Pioneer 52's at Best Buy? Those might make nice fronts for you. When I listened to the Pioneers there, I thought they would do much better than a setup of all 22's.
post #135 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Have you listened to the Pioneer 52's at Best Buy? Those might make nice fronts for you. When I listened to the Pioneers there, I thought they would do much better than a setup of all 22's.
Yes I have. I purchased a pair and I am using them right now. I don't have another set of speakers to compare them too. I am looking online for another set to purchase to see which one my "ears" like.
post #136 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Yes I have. I purchased a pair and I am using them right now. I don't have another set of speakers to compare them too. I am looking online for another set to purchase to see which one my "ears" like.
How do you like the 52's now that you have them at home? Better or worse than at Best Buy?

Amazon has the Infinity P363's on sale for $107 each. They are normally $199 each. That is if you are looking for another tower to try that is similar in price to the Pioneer.
post #137 of 161 Old 07-19-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:

You're asking whether the older model SP-BS21s are better than the newer model SP-BS22s? The newer speakers were an update intended to improve on the older ones, and there seems to be a robust consensus that they did improve on them. How much money that improvement is worth is a more subjective question, however.

Focal Chorus 700-series towers and center, JMLab Tantal 500-series bookshelf rears
Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #138 of 161 Old 07-20-2014, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
How do you like the 52's now that you have them at home? Better or worse than at Best Buy?

Amazon has the Infinity P363's on sale for $107 each. They are normally $199 each. That is if you are looking for another tower to try that is similar in price to the Pioneer.
The BS52's sound much better at home than at the store! Less ambient noise, which allows me to really focus on the sounds.

The towers won't work with my current setup (my entertainment center is too wide). I see Amazon has the Infinity Primus P143 Two-way 4-Inch Bookshelf/Satellite Speaker (Black, Each) on sale for $59.95.
post #139 of 161 Old 07-21-2014, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

I was reading online and someone mentioned these Dayton Audio Speakers.

Dayton Audio B652

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...-pair--300-652

Has anyone heard these speakers or have had other Dayton Audio Speakers? Anyone know how they compare to the Pioneer BS52 AJ?
post #140 of 161 Old 07-21-2014, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone have any experience with EMP speakers?

I was reading reviews on the E5Bi Bookshelf Speakers. EMP also offers a 30 day risk trial similar to HTD.

I decided that I am going to return the Pioneer AJs back to Best Buy as I want to try another brand out.

The EMP's seem a little pricey, but not too bad. Also, they look like the surrounds, towers, center, and sub would make a decent 5.1-7.1 setup over time.
post #141 of 161 Old 07-21-2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I was reading online and someone mentioned these Dayton Audio Speakers.

Dayton Audio B652

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...-pair--300-652

Has anyone heard these speakers or have had other Dayton Audio Speakers? Anyone know how they compare to the Pioneer BS52 AJ?
The Daytons are a wicked bargain at $35, but it's expecting a lot to ask them to compare to the Pioneers at a meaningfully higher price point, which themselves are considered a wicked bargain of sorts. If the Pioneers didn't satisfy you, why are you looking at the Daytons? Seriously, you're all over the map here--maybe you could spell out what you're seeking and in what ways the Pioneers fell short? Because the impression you're giving right now is that you're just sort of shopping for the sake of shopping, without much clarity about what you're seeking.

Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #142 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
I can see and understand where you and others would think I am shopping for the sake of shopping; heck, it kind of feels like it! On the other hand, I don't see why you are asking the question "If the Pioneers didn't satisfy you, why are you looking at the Daytons?" I am not at all an audio expert, nor do I claim to be! I am just reading reviews online and then reaching out to the community here for advice.

The thing is, I don't know where the Pioneers fell short. I guess I would like to test a few pairs of speakers before I commit to one. Also, I don't know what I am missing as I have nothing to compare the Pioneers too. Unfortunately I don't have a Fry's to go to and listen to different quality of speakers. I just have Best Buy (woohoo!). Furthermore, I would like to make sure the speakers (bookshelf) I buy for the fronts can eventually go to back duty when I buy towers. Then I can eventually pick up a pair of surrounds.

As I mentioned before, I am looking for the best bang for my budget, but also don't mind spending a little bit more for better quality speakers. I am going to keep the Yamaha RX-V675 as that should last me for quite sometime, plus it will allow me to expand to 7.1 and 4K upscaling. Right now, I have a little over $300 left for my budget (if I return the Pioneers).
Fair enough, and apologies if I was a bit harsh. If you're willing to deal with the hassle of repeatedly returning stuff, this is actually a pretty good way to educate yourself. Ideally, though, you'd keep the Pioneers and audition them against a competitor like the Primus 163s or other forum favorites. The Daytons fall into the category of "holy crap, you can get solid sound for thirty-five bucks," but they're not magic, and aren't likely to compete with a speaker like the Pioneer, which has some serious engineering and solid components behind it.

Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #143 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
Fair enough, and apologies if I was a bit harsh. If you're willing to deal with the hassle of repeatedly returning stuff, this is actually a pretty good way to educate yourself. Ideally, though, you'd keep the Pioneers and audition them against a competitor like the Primus 163s or other forum favorites. The Daytons fall into the category of "holy crap, you can get solid sound for thirty-five bucks," but they're not magic, and aren't likely to compete with a speaker like the Pioneer, which has some serious engineering and solid components behind it.
No problem. You were not harsh. I just don't have the knowledge of all these brands and are still learning. What I will do then, is return the Pioneers and repurchase them to get another 15 days. Yes, you are correct as it will be a hassle, but at least in the end, I will have some knowledge of different speakers.

In your personal opinion, which speaker below would you recommend I "try-out":

Klipsch RB-41 II Black (Pair) - $208.00
http://www.newaudiovideo.com/index.p...oducts_id=9407

EMP E5Bi (Pair) - $225.00
http://emptek.com/e5bi.php

Cambridge Audio S30 (Pair) - $199.00
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...ark-oak/1.html

HTD Level Two (Pair) - $199.00
http://www.htd.com/Products/level-tw...shelf-Speakers

Infinity Primus 163 (Each) - $85.99
http://www.frys.com/product/7237393?...FQmMaQodKmkAvQ

Last edited by Curlyp; 07-22-2014 at 02:52 PM.
post #144 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
No problem. You were not harsh. I just don't have the knowledge of all these brands and are still learning. What I will do then, is return the Pioneers and repurchase them to get another 15 days. Yes, you are correct as it will be a hassle, but at least in the end, I will have some knowledge of different speakers.

In your personal opinion, which speaker below would you recommend I "try-out":

Klipsch RB-41 II Black (Pair) - $208.00
http://www.newaudiovideo.com/index.p...oducts_id=9407

EMP E5Bi (Pair) - $225.00
http://emptek.com/e5bi.php

Cambridge Audio S30 (Pair) - $199.00
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...ark-oak/1.html

HTD Level Two (Pair) - $199.00
http://www.htd.com/Products/level-tw...shelf-Speakers

Infinity Primus 163 (Each) - $85.99
http://www.frys.com/product/7237393?...FQmMaQodKmkAvQ
That sounds like a good plan, and worth the hassle.

Sadly I don't have any experience with any of those speakers, though lots of folks on these forums do. My own personal experience is more with a bit higher-end, music-oriented speakers from companies like Focal, PSB, and B&W. You can read about all of the speakers you mentioned on the forum, but ultimately it's a bit of a crapshoot--you'll have to bite the bullet on something and just try it out at home.

And you're going to want to think about a sub, too. Though that opens up a whole other decision matrix...

Rythmik FV15HP sub
post #145 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I would first like to say what an amazing thread as I am in a similar situation to the OP and learning.
Second you guys are great at handling differences of opinion, very civilized. Kudos as I frequent other types of forums and congrats to a job well done on keeping it respectful.

I am leaning hard towards Denon and one with the setup utility.
I like the looks and price of the partsexpress sub and Pioneer for fronts/center.

One thing makes my situation a little different for the OP is I am a bit space challenged but floor standing speakers will work for me. I also have substantial ambient background noise which a subject for a separate thread.

One thing that's not mentioned much is FM performance. My wife really wants FM and we live near the outskirts of two major cities. I am considered right on the edge of Boston and Providence broadcast areas so sensitivity is kind of important to me. The FM could really help in the family politics of budget for a system. An amplified antenna is an option

I would like to start with a good receiver and 2.1 or 3.1 speaker setup.

I just built (almost done) a set of DIYsoundgroup.com speaker kit for another room. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker...amiga-kit.html Might make a decent set for the new project.
post #146 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

GreatWhiteWing, AVS has a section where people talk about local HDTV reception. That might be a good place to find your local thread and ask some questions about FM. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-loc...nfo-reception/

Curly, there is apparently a guy in Columbus that has a bunch of ads on Craigslist. Might be of some interest to you. I clicked on his ad for Infinity speakers, then clicked on his "all ads by this poster" button...here is all of his ads with the Infinity at the top...http://columbus.craigslist.org/searc...serid=24841760

I know nothing about these...maybe not worth posting but you could check into it?? http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/4569363335.html
post #147 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccolo View Post
That sounds like a good plan, and worth the hassle.

Sadly I don't have any experience with any of those speakers, though lots of folks on these forums do. My own personal experience is more with a bit higher-end, music-oriented speakers from companies like Focal, PSB, and B&W. You can read about all of the speakers you mentioned on the forum, but ultimately it's a bit of a crapshoot--you'll have to bite the bullet on something and just try it out at home.

And you're going to want to think about a sub, too. Though that opens up a whole other decision matrix...
Thanks for the information.

Yeah, I will need a sub! Let me get though my first set of speakers, then I can work on the sub!
post #148 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwhitewing View Post
I would first like to say what an amazing thread as I am in a similar situation to the OP and learning.
Second you guys are great at handling differences of opinion, very civilized. Kudos as I frequent other types of forums and congrats to a job well done on keeping it respectful.

I am leaning hard towards Denon and one with the setup utility.
I like the looks and price of the partsexpress sub and Pioneer for fronts/center.

One thing makes my situation a little different for the OP is I am a bit space challenged but floor standing speakers will work for me. I also have substantial ambient background noise which a subject for a separate thread.

One thing that's not mentioned much is FM performance. My wife really wants FM and we live near the outskirts of two major cities. I am considered right on the edge of Boston and Providence broadcast areas so sensitivity is kind of important to me. The FM could really help in the family politics of budget for a system. An amplified antenna is an option

I would like to start with a good receiver and 2.1 or 3.1 speaker setup.

I just built (almost done) a set of DIYsoundgroup.com speaker kit for another room. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/speaker...amiga-kit.html Might make a decent set for the new project.
Hi Greatwhitewing - I am glad you like the thread and I hope it helps with your home theater setup. I really like this forum as well; the members here have been nothing but helpful, regardless of their opinion for brands!

I would like some floorstanding speakers, but my etertainment scenter is too wide (I believe it is 130" wide with the TV in the middle of it. That would put the towers at a minimum of 39" from the TV). Pictures of other folks setup show the towers a lot closer than 39" inches. Correct me if I am wrong, but is 39" too spaced out to have towers?

I don't have any knowledge on FM reception; sorry I can't help you with that.

As others have recommended to me, I would suggested starting out with a good receiver (Denon - you can also check accessories4less.com) and a 2.1 or 3.1 system.

How is the DIY speaker building going? Do they sound really good? Post some pictures when you get a chance. I would like to see it.

Good luck with your setup as well!
post #149 of 161 Old 07-22-2014, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
GreatWhiteWing, AVS has a section where people talk about local HDTV reception. That might be a good place to find your local thread and ask some questions about FM. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-loc...nfo-reception/

Curly, there is apparently a guy in Columbus that has a bunch of ads on Craigslist. Might be of some interest to you. I clicked on his ad for Infinity speakers, then clicked on his "all ads by this poster" button...here is all of his ads with the Infinity at the top...http://columbus.craigslist.org/searc...serid=24841760

I know nothing about these...maybe not worth posting but you could check into it?? http://columbus.craigslist.org/ele/4569363335.html
Thanks for the information Mphfrom77. I contacted the first seller regarding the Infinity speakers, but have heard back.

I did contact the second seller regarding the Fluance speakers and I am going to listen to them tomorrow evening. He said he is selling them because he is moving out of state. He is located in the OSU (Ohio State University) Campus area, so I am thinking he is a graduate.

I'll post back tomorrow and let you know of they sound. I am going to do some research on the brand tonight as I have not heard of it.

Here are the detail specifications of the Fluance speakers that the seller posted:

Detailed Specifications
SYSTEM TYPE Main Front Speakers: 3 Way - 3 Driver Floorstanding Main Speakers
TWEETER Main Front Speakers: 1 inch Soft Dome Ferrofluid Cooled
MIDRANGE Main Front Speakers: 4 inch Poly-coated Driver with Butyl Rubber Surround
WOOFER Main Front Speakers: 6.5 inch Poly-coated Driver with Butyl Rubber Surrounds
POWER HANDLING Main Front Speakers: 20 - 120 Watts
FREQUENCY RESPONSE Main Front Speakers: 50Hz - 20KHz
SENSITIVITY Main Front Speakers: 91dB
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY Main Front Speakers: 1300/8000 Hz PCB Mounted Circuitry
IMPEDANCE Main Front Speakers: 8 Ohms
ENCLOSURE Main Front Speakers: Bass Reflex Tower Design
DIMENSIONS (H X W X D) Main Front Speakers: 33.0 x 8.3 x 9.8 inch
WEIGHT Main Front Speakers: 28.4 pounds/speaker

Surround Sound Speakers
SYSTEM TYPE 2 Way - 2 Driver Surround Speaker (Wall Mountable)
TWEETER 1 inch soft Dome Ferrofluid Cooled for longer life
WOOFER 4 inch Poly-coated Driver with Butyl Rubber
POWER HANDLING 30 - 100 Watts
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 120Hz - 20KHz
SENSITIVITY 87dB
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 7000 Hz PCB Mounted Circuitry
IMPEDANCE 8 Ohms
ENCLOSURE Acoustic Suspension Design
DIMENSIONS (H X W X D) 9.7 x 5.9 x 6.2 inch
WEIGHT 5.25 pounds

Center Channel Speaker
SYSTEM TYPE 2 Way - 3 Driver Center Channel
TWEETER 3/4 inch Titanium Soft Dome Ferrofluid Cooled For Longer Life
WOOFER Dual 4.0 inch Poly-coated Drivers
POWER HANDLING 10 - 100 Watts
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 70Hz - 20KHz
SENSITIVITY 87dB
CROSSOVER FREQUENCY 4000 Hz Phase Coherent - PCB Mounted Circuitry
IMPEDANCE 8 Ohms
ENCLOSURE Acoustic Suspension Design
DIMENSIONS (H X W X D) 6.0 X 16.2 X 6.6 inches
WEIGHT 9.0 pounds

Here is the link to the speakers on the Fluance website : http://fluance.com/product/AVHTB_Sur...em.eng-97.html

When I was searching for it, I also see you can buy them through Walmart.

***UPDATE*** I read more into this Fluance speaker package and they are the "bottom of the barrel" speakers so to speak. I am not going to even consider these. I am going to stick with my 2.0 -2.1 and would rather purchase two good fronts and build from there.

Last edited by Curlyp; 07-23-2014 at 03:42 AM.
post #150 of 161 Old 07-23-2014, 04:07 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I hope this isn't off topic for the thread but THIS thread inspired me..lol

I think I have narrowed my AVR search down to the Denon AVR-E300 where I can get it factory refurbed at accessories4less for only $190

I liked the feel for the Pioneer by A Jones floor standing ($254/pair from Amazon) and either the matching Pioneer sub or the Dayton audio 12" sub for $129. Total cost about $573.

Add center channel later maybe because the way the TV and furniture are arranged no good place for a center right now. Surrounds later too if I feel a need to.

This is by no means a final decision either but feels right.

See any holes?

Last edited by Greatwhitewing; 07-23-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Reply Speakers
Gear in this thread - strdh-830 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page