surround speaker placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2014, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
walter scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
surround speaker placement

I have small Poke satellites for my rear channels on stands at ear level. Due to the arrangement of my room they are several feet in back of the main listening area. The stands get in the way, so I'm thinking of mounting the speakers on the wall, but they would be about 6' above ground (above ear level). Is this a good idea, or is ear level better?
walter scott is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-07-2014, 10:14 PM
Senior Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter scott View Post
I have small Poke satellites for my rear channels on stands at ear level. Due to the arrangement of my room they are several feet in back of the main listening area. The stands get in the way, so I'm thinking of mounting the speakers on the wall, but they would be about 6' above ground (above ear level). Is this a good idea, or is ear level better?
It's a good idea. The usual recommendation is a couple of feet above ear level. I had mine at ear level before and moving them up was a clear improvement.
willieconway is online now  
Old 07-08-2014, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
walter scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
It's a good idea. The usual recommendation is a couple of feet above ear level. I had mine at ear level before and moving them up was a clear improvement.
thank you very much! Love this forum!
walter scott is offline  
Old 07-08-2014, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 5,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 396
I have mine at 6' + too - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...42&cat=2082359


They sound just fine !

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is online now  
Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
walter scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
I have mine at 6' + too - http://www.avsforum.com/photopost/sh...42&cat=2082359


They sound just fine !
Thank you. Sweet set up!
walter scott is offline  
Old 07-08-2014, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Craig Peer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: In my home theater ( when I'm not rock climbing, cycling or kayaking ) - Sacramento CA area
Posts: 5,780
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 485 Post(s)
Liked: 396
Thanks. I've been working on it for 6 - 7 years. I'm done doing things for awhile - time to watch movies and enjoy it.

Craig Peer, AV Science Sales. Call me on my direct line - 585-671-2972, 8:30am - 4:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Email me at craig@avscience.com http://shop.avscience.com/
Yes, we sell Home Theater gear right here at AVS !!
JVC, Sony, Epson, DPI, SIM2, SV Sound, Martin Logan, RBH, and many more!
Craig Peer is online now  
Old 07-13-2014, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
walter scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Peer View Post
Thanks. I've been working on it for 6 - 7 years. I'm done doing things for awhile - time to watch movies and enjoy it.
i moved my surround speakers this morning and I am very pleased! Thank you to everyone who took the trouble to reply
walter scott is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off