help upgrading my speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
help upgrading my speakers

Hello. I’m looking for some help upgrading my speakers. I have a Bose Accoustimass 3 Series IV system paired with some generic rear surround speakers. I would like to have a much better system. I can maybe spend up to $500-600.
Quite frankly, for a relative newbie it’s hard to know what to choose. I see the Andrew Jones Pioneer’s mentioned quite frequently so I will definitely consider those (I’m assuming those are an upgrade?). But, want to know about other alternatives that would also be an improvement so I am looking for recommendations/suggestions.
For a sub I am considering the NXG 500 or saving up for one of the SVS subs. The room the system will go in is a fairly decent sized basement. All suggestions are welcome. If possible I'd like to purchase from Newegg or Amazon as I have credit there.

Last edited by Warner2Bruce; 07-08-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Warner2Bruce is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
The Bose Acoustimas is a small cube with no tweeter..almost any/every speaker will be an upgrade!
The Pioneers AJ speakers, not my personal favorite, will be a very large step up in quality from the Bose. Polk, Ascend Acoustics, EMPtek, Def Tech, Infinity, all make speakers that would fit your budget and IMHO (and that doesn't count for anything, your ears are what counts) would be a large improvement from the Bose and better than the Pioneers!

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #3 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thanks for the honesty about the Pioneers. Can anyone venture anything a little more specific in regards to other options (models. etc.)?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #4 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
 
stegen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: La Crosse, WI
Posts: 334
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Look at Hsu research bookshelves. Cheap and fantastic.
stegen is online now  
post #5 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NuSoardGraphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 110
a $500-$600 budget is pretty modest for a 5.0 system, but that gives you a lot of options if you aren't counting the Sub in that price as well. The most important thing is not to rush. Take your time deciding what you want. Take the opportunity to listen to different speakers whenever possible to discover what kind of sound you are looking for.

What are you planning to use this system for mostly? Music? Movies? Games? Combination? (most commonly these days a HT system has to do all of the above) Recommendations will depend on what your most common usage will be.
dsrussell likes this.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
NuSoardGraphite is offline  
post #6 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
With the NXG subwoofer - I would look at 2 pair of the JBL Studio 130 speakers
and the 120 center channel - it can be a nice system for you - good prices
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...20studio%20130

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #7 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
a $500-$600 budget is pretty modest for a 5.0 system, but that gives you a lot of options if you aren't counting the Sub in that price as well. The most important thing is not to rush. Take your time deciding what you want. Take the opportunity to listen to different speakers whenever possible to discover what kind of sound you are looking for.

What are you planning to use this system for mostly? Music? Movies? Games? Combination? (most commonly these days a HT system has to do all of the above) Recommendations will depend on what your most common usage will be.
Mostly TV and Movie watching. Occasional music.
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #8 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NuSoardGraphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 110
There's the new Sony core series of speakers. Not a lot of reviews for them yet and we're very curious to hear from owners who try them out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-cor...&skuId=5721014

the center:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-cor...nter&cp=1&lp=1

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
NuSoardGraphite is offline  
post #9 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thank you to those who have made suggestions so far. I'm looking for alternatives to consider within my price budget that I can compare to the Pioneers. I'm not opposed to floor standers as I was considering them as part of the Pioneers.
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #10 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Thank you to those who have made suggestions so far. I'm looking for alternatives to consider within my price budget that I can compare to the Pioneers. I'm not opposed to floor standers as I was considering them as part of the Pioneers.
The Pioneer speakers are nice speakers for the price - while some do not like them,
you will find that most people Do Like and enjoy them.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #11 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
The Pioneer speakers are nice speakers for the price - while some do not like them,
you will find that most people Do Like and enjoy them.
Thank you for sharing that. Do you think the NXG sub or one of the SVS subs is a better match with the AJ Pioneer's?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #12 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 05:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Thank you for sharing that. Do you think the NXG sub or one of the SVS subs is a better match with the AJ Pioneer's?
Skip the Pioneer sub

For a tight budget NXG

If you have the funds - then SVS
jaeelarr likes this.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #13 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
The Pioneer speakers are nice speakers for the price - while some do not like them,
you will find that most people Do Like and enjoy them.
Do you believe the Pioneers or the JBL's you mentioned earlier are better?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #14 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Do you believe the Pioneers or the JBL's you mentioned earlier are better?
The JBL speakers

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #15 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
The JBL speakers
Is there a floor standing model for those as well? It's too bad the Sony's someone else mentioned don't have more reviews. Decisions, decisions...
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #16 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 06:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
NuSoardGraphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 1,364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Is there a floor standing model for those as well? It's too bad the Sony's someone else mentioned don't have more reviews. Decisions, decisions...
The Sonys are brand new. Have been out for only a couple of months.

Stand tall and shake the heavens...
NuSoardGraphite is offline  
post #17 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuSoardGraphite View Post
The Sonys are brand new. Have been out for only a couple of months.
Yeah I know. I would like to see something from someone who has had the AJ Pioneers or the JBL's linked earlier for comparison purposes.
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #18 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 07:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Is there a floor standing model for those as well? It's too bad the Sony's someone else mentioned don't have more reviews.

Yeah I know. I would like to see something from someone who has had the AJ Pioneers or the JBL's linked earlier for comparison purposes.

Decisions, decisions...
There is a floor model the 180 - however, it does not measure as good as the bookshelf one.
A nice sub can pick up the lower end

I have owned the Pioneer speakers - and different JBL speakers >> I would take the Pioneer
speakers over the entry level JBL speakers. However, I would take the higher end JBL speakers
such as the Studio and L series, over the Pioneer speakers.

The last JBL speaker that I owned was the Studio 5 series > if the Studio 1 series is 60% as
good as the Studio 5, then you will have a nice sounding speaker.

I have listened to the new Sony Core speakers, and they are good - I consider them a step up
over the Pioneer speakers.

Now for you - decisions, decisions.......!

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #19 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
There is a floor model the 180 - however, it does not measure as good as the bookshelf one.
A nice sub can pick up the lower end

I have owned the Pioneer speakers - and different JBL speakers >> I would take the Pioneer
speakers over the entry level JBL speakers. However, I would take the higher end JBL speakers
such as the Studio and L series, over the Pioneer speakers.

The last JBL speaker that I owned was the Studio 5 series > if the Studio 1 series is 60% as
good as the Studio 5, then you will have a nice sounding speaker.

I have listened to the new Sony Core speakers, and they are good - I consider them a step up
over the Pioneer speakers.

Now for you - decisions, decisions.......!
Thanks for clarifying a bit. So you haven't hear the 130's yourself?

Is this not the tower for the bookshelves: http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-190...QXZTM7HSSMZJVQ

Are you saying the JBL's would be better as an all bookshelf setup?

Regarding the Sony's, did you listen to the bookshelfs and the floor standing?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #20 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Thanks for clarifying a bit. So you haven't hear the 130's yourself?

Is this not the tower for the bookshelves: http://www.amazon.com/JBL-Studio-190...QXZTM7HSSMZJVQ

Are you saying the JBL's would be better as an all bookshelf setup?

Regarding the Sony's, did you listen to the bookshelfs and the floor standing?
How big is your room?

I have not listened to the 130 bookshelf - however, I have read the review and measurements.

In general for a tight budget, I prefer bookshelf and a nice subwoofer

The Studio 1 series has 2 towers, the 180 and the 190 >> the 190 towers measure better than
the 180 towers - the 190 is sold each, so it will cost you $370 dollars for the pair - a good deal.

I have listened to the Sony bookshelf and tower speakers - they are real nice.

Your call

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #21 of 92 Old 07-08-2014, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
I own the jbl130 and they are part of my bedroom 3.1. I have previously owned the pioneer AJ bookshelf and I think the jbl is better. Just my opinion....
Elihawk is offline  
post #22 of 92 Old 07-09-2014, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
How big is your room?

I have not listened to the 130 bookshelf - however, I have read the review and measurements.

In general for a tight budget, I prefer bookshelf and a nice subwoofer

The Studio 1 series has 2 towers, the 180 and the 190 >> the 190 towers measure better than
the 180 towers - the 190 is sold each, so it will cost you $370 dollars for the pair - a good deal.

I have listened to the Sony bookshelf and tower speakers - they are real nice.

Your call
Thanks again. Do you mind if I pm you to ask you a question in private about speakers?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #23 of 92 Old 07-09-2014, 08:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
Thanks again. Do you mind if I pm you to ask you a question in private about speakers?
Fill free if you want to.

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #24 of 92 Old 07-10-2014, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I've been reading some other threads and have learned about some other recommendations in a situation that doesn't seem too different from mine. So, I am going to list some possibilities and would appreciate it if others could chime in ranking the combinations I have listed.

#1 . Pioneer FS52 x 4 + C22 center channel
#2 . Pioneer FS52 x 2 + BS22 x 2 or x 4 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1 setup)
#3 . Infinity Primus P163 Bookshelf x 2 + Infinity Primus P143 x 2 or 4 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1) + Infinity Primus PC351 center channel
#4 . Infinity Primus P163 Bookshelf x 2 + Infinity Primus P153 x 2 or 4 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1)+ Infinity Primus PC351 center channel
#5 . Sony Core Bookshelf speakers x 4 or 6 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1 setup) + Sony Core center channel
#6 . Sony Core Floorstanding speakers x 2 + Sony core center channel (use existing surrounds until I can upgrade them).
#7 . HTD Level 2 Bookshelf speakers x 2 + HTD level 2 center channel + HTD Level 2 Surround Speakers
#8 . EMP E5Bi Bookshelf speakers x 4 or 6 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1) + EMP E5Ci center channel

Obviously, there are some differences in price at play. But, I want to weigh the rankings from you experienced users vs. price to help in my decision making process. And keep in mind I am coming from the pitiful Bose + generic surrounds.
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #25 of 92 Old 07-10-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
crazyrob425's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,320
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Have you heard any of these speakers?

Budget is a huge factor.

At first glance though the HTD's pop out to me but thats not because I am familar with their sound but they have a great in-home trial period with their speakers.

Certainly can't go wrong with any of the other choices. EMPtek may be worth a look those that have them rave about them.

I like the Inifinity's too the P163's and p153's sound good for their price.
crazyrob425 is offline  
post #26 of 92 Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 View Post
Have you heard any of these speakers?

Budget is a huge factor.

At first glance though the HTD's pop out to me but thats not because I am familar with their sound but they have a great in-home trial period with their speakers.

Certainly can't go wrong with any of the other choices. EMPtek may be worth a look those that have them rave about them.

I like the Inifinity's too the P163's and p153's sound good for their price.
Well from the looks of it, only the AJ Pioneers and the Sony Core speakers are available for listening at Best Buy. I thought I had read in the Pioneer thread though that those speakers sound much much better at home than at Best Buy.

You are right about budget factoring in. I purchased the Pioneers a couple of days ago when they went on sale but am worried that I might be missing out on something by spending a bit more. I guess that's why I was looking for someone to rank those options I mentioned to assist with weighing price vs. performance; particularly with the Pioneers.
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #27 of 92 Old 07-11-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Elihawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Iowa City, Iowa
Posts: 2,479
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 165
You are asking other people to rank the sound of speakers? What if your opinion isn't the same as mine? For instance, many people love Klipsch speakers and the very dynamic/forward horn tweeter. I do not, unless you really spend some serious cash...so a Klipsch enthusiast and I would disagree on the list...even if we had similar musical tastes.

but that disclaimer not withstanding, and at some point you just have to put down the computer and buy some speakers...of the speakers on the list that I have heard, I would rank EMP > Infinity Primus (but very close) >> both WAY better than Pioneers.
my guess is that the HTD speakers would be at the top of my list with the EMP, based on what I have heard described about the sound they can produce.

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Elihawk is offline  
post #28 of 92 Old 07-11-2014, 10:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,865
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner2Bruce View Post
I've been reading some other threads and have learned about some other recommendations in a situation that doesn't seem too different from mine. So, I am going to list some possibilities and would appreciate it if others could chime in ranking the combinations I have listed.

#1 . Pioneer FS52 x 4 + C22 center channel
#2 . Pioneer FS52 x 2 + BS22 x 2 or x 4 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1 setup)
#3 . Infinity Primus P163 Bookshelf x 2 + Infinity Primus P143 x 2 or 4 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1) + Infinity Primus PC351 center channel
#4 . Infinity Primus P163 Bookshelf x 2 + Infinity Primus P153 x 2 or 4 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1)+ Infinity Primus PC351 center channel
#5 . Sony Core Bookshelf speakers x 4 or 6 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1 setup) + Sony Core center channel
#6 . Sony Core Floorstanding speakers x 2 + Sony core center channel (use existing surrounds until I can upgrade them).
#7 . HTD Level 2 Bookshelf speakers x 2 + HTD level 2 center channel + HTD Level 2 Surround Speakers
#8 . EMP E5Bi Bookshelf speakers x 4 or 6 (depending upon 5.1 or 7.1) + EMP E5Ci center channel

Obviously, there are some differences in price at play. But, I want to weigh the rankings from you experienced users vs. price to help in my decision making process. And keep in mind I am coming from the pitiful Bose + generic surrounds.
OK for fun and my subjective preference - however, can not really speak for the EMP.
(1) The new Sony Core speakers
(2) HTD speakers
(3) Pioneer phase 2 speakers - improved and better over the phase 1 series
(4) Infinity Primus speakers

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #29 of 92 Old 07-11-2014, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Thanks for your opinions! I do realize it is quite subjective. I trust opinions here more than I would recommendations from store employees.

How do the Infinity Primus 253 or 363 rate out compared to the P163 bookshelfs? Does that make on your thoughts of the sets?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
post #30 of 92 Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
OK for fun and my subjective preference - however, can not really speak for the EMP.
(1) The new Sony Core speakers
(2) HTD speakers
(3) Pioneer phase 2 speakers - improved and better over the phase 1 series
(4) Infinity Primus speakers
Just for curiosity sake, where would you place the JBL Studio's you suggested earlier in the thread?
Warner2Bruce is offline  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off