post #1 of 28 Old 07-10-2014, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Post The Official Funk Audio Thread

Introduction to Funk Audio

Gentleman,

I’m sure some of you have tried Funk Audio’s state of the art subwoofers. Even less has experienced their speakers.

For the interest of many AVSforum members, some of you may remember them as Funky Waves. FYI they are now Funk Audio and also a company that now produces completely custom speakers as well as a line of speakers. Below is just a few examples:

A New Funk Audio Site has been Made! It is Completely New!
http://funkaudio.ca/

Owner:
Nathan Funk

Forum ID:
Funky Waves
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/member...nky-waves.html

Here is how I found Funk Audio…

I have been looking for speakers for years and many don’t meet my standards. This includes looking at multiple speakers that were way beyond my personal budget well into 30k+ ..... of course being annoyed with the price I looked at something cheaper… Subs! Which means I would eventually ran into Funk Audio. But at that time it was still Funky Waves.

This was about 2 years back and was also the time I paid Nathan a visit not knowing if my trip on the ferry was going to be worth it. And yes, it cost me around 90$ to go over there for a demo! (Yes, I dragged friends over) Was it hype? No… His subs are fully capable of making my Velodyne sub sound like well…mud? The speakers were good at that time although my interest was primarily focused on those subwoofers. I also had the honor to be one of the first to experience his 18.2s!
I had 2 others with me, none had experienced anything quite like it. Although I didn’t purchase anything, Nathan provided an awesome demo with me hogging his computer. :P

My second visit was a few weeks ago. Primarily to see what’s going on in Funk Audio other than monster subs.
Since there has been some activity with people posting about his products and giving great reviews on his speakers, I thought it would be rather interesting.

It wasn’t just interesting. I was shocked at how well the speakers performed. My main focus was the mid and treble were the vocals are. Very wide dispersion, accurate and very lively. These qualities that are rare. Those who have heard Canton Reference speakers understand, except these takes it up a few notches.

There are 2 speakers I was able to demo are the 6.1Ps and the 8.2Ps.
I consider them both to be reference level and world class products along with his subs.
Why?
See below…

Since I’m currently waiting on my order from Funk Audio.
I’ll let you guys know the details of why I chose Nathan to the work for me and why I hold him in such high regards.

He doesn’t just create a product like other companies do. Every single one has much thought put into it and performs very well. For example: The 6.1Ps which is a bookshelf speaker would perform just as well as products higher in the line within its limits.
Of course the 8.2P does more, but the difference is only because of physics, driver and frequency extension etc.

A product that is not held back doing its primary function, reproducing faithfully and accurately.

Of course we all have limits of how much we can pay for. The performance was, dare I say, above many products that cost 20k+. When I mean performance, the ability to reproduce vocals and classical instruments and many other types of music. I carried with me not just English music but Hindi/Korean/Japanese and Russian music as well. With much of it in Flac.

I considered classical to be quite important to me and often hear it in concerts were it is non-amplified. And that was my reference point.

Active Crossovers from Funk Audio

The huge plus for me is active crossover and amplification.
No inductors. No power saturation distortion.
Easy phase angle for the amplifier because there are no capacitors in the direct signal path.
Of course this is not the only thing …

For those interested in the 6.1P and 8.2Ps that I mentioned.

Product Page:
http://funkaudio.ca/shop

I did not see the 8.7Ps but apparently their sold. They were demo’d at the Rocky Mountainfest.

For those that are interested but would like to see reviews from Owners and Reviewers:

Funk Audio 18.0
http://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer...18.0-subwoofer
http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=96

Funk Audio 18.0C
http://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=97

Funk Audio 8.2P (Post 44, 48, 52 and 53) - arsMatrix
Funk Audio's New 8.2P Floorstanding Speaker

Funk Audio 6.1P - AcuDefTechGuy
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...-monitors.html

Compilation of Reviews and Impressions from Owners in PDF

This Adobe Document is 560kb and is 13 pages long. Anyone that is not sure and is looking for opinions from other users should check the document. I compiled the list with a short comment from various users.
Spell checks will not be done as to reflect the original post. Links are included and leads to the original post – Names included to original Posters. Since attachments are limited on AVSForum. MediaFire will be used to host.

File Data: Size on Disk: 564 KB (577,536 bytes)
Created: July ‎27, ‎2014
Format: Adobe Document (PDF)

Download Link:
MediaFire:
https://www.mediafire.com/?ba88wb9oec2an53

File scanned with ESET Smart Security 7.0.317.4 (Update 10159)

=============================================

So to conclude:

1. Nathan can create anything you want.
2. He even makes recommendations and help you understand the design
3. There is no limit
4. Priority when creating a product (Sonic Accuracy and performance)
5. Tolerated my endless calling
6. Any Veneer you want even piano finishes

Products show how passionate a designer is in their field.
I would gladly recommend any of his products to anyone without a second thought.

Since there are some people that have listened to his speakers. A thread here is much more suitable.

Of course, build pictures will be coming for my build!

Looking forward to posts and pictures!

Equipment List: Preamp/Processor: Sherbourn PT-7030 [] Speakers: Funk Audio - Line Array(2kW),18.2 Subwoofer (9.6kW)[]Projector: Epson 5020ub []Screen: Elunevision Reference 150"
PC/HTPC: Intel Q6600 [] GTX670 [] 4 GB Ram [] Windows 8.1 x64
Cabling: Interconnects: HDMI - Redmere Cable 50 ft
Audio Cable: XLR - From Orange County Speaker - 50ft

Last edited by crackhead2k; 08-18-2014 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Fixing Grammer, spelling, detail, rearranging
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 07-10-2014, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Funk Audio Gallery/Sales

Some of us are just don't want to look for stuffs, so I'll do it for you
I will update periodically just because I know you all love these stuff!

For the interest of AVSForums Members:

Current Sales as of October, 1, 2014

18.0 Gloss Black - 4000 CAD Shipped
http://funkaudio.ca/product/18-0-subwoofer
I believe these are piano gloss black judging from the reflection form the floor. If these are out of your price range, but you still want one, go for the 18.0SE. Multiples = Discounts

6.1P Bookshelves - 2200 CAD Shipped
http://funkaudio.ca/product/6-1-loud-speakers
I'm using these drivers in Nathan's build.

8.2P Floorstanding Speakers - 4850 CAD Shipped
http://funkaudio.ca/product/8-2p-loudspeakers
I listened to these with and without subs. They have very good extension and plenty of power.

2.1 Active Powered System - 5500 CAD Shipped
http://funkaudio.ca/product/2-1-active-powered-system

18.1 Subwoofer B Stock - 1925 CAD Shipped
http://funkaudio.ca/product/18-1-subwoofer-b-stock

If you guys got questions, feel free to post here. I'll do my best to respond if I can dig out the data

Equipment List: Preamp/Processor: Sherbourn PT-7030 [] Speakers: Funk Audio - Line Array(2kW),18.2 Subwoofer (9.6kW)[]Projector: Epson 5020ub []Screen: Elunevision Reference 150"

Last edited by crackhead2k; Yesterday at 04:09 AM. Reason: 18.2 Sold to me :)
post #3 of 28 Old 07-20-2014, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Funk Audio Driver Measurements

Funk Audio Driver Measurements

Funk Audio TSAD18V2 Frequency Response / Harmonic Distortion Graph(s):

Funk Audio TSAD18V2 Frequency Response / Harmonic Distortion Graph(s):
This one is used in the 18.2
Funk Audio 18.2 Subwoofer Crossed at 200hz (Accurate as of July 26, 2014) Measured 10/18/13
Distance Measured: 2M Ground Plane
Power: ???

Red: 2nd Harmonic
Pink: 3rd Harmonic
Green: 4th Harmonic
Teal: 5th
Harmonic
Blue: 2nd to 5th Harmonic

Funk Audio Large Planar Frequency Response Graph(s):

Funk Audio Large Planar Frequency Response Graph(s):

This one is used in the 8.2P
Funk Audio 8.2P Large Planar with Waveguide (July 23, 2014)
Distance Measured: 1M
Power: 1W (2.83V)

Measured in an Anechoic Chamber at the designated angles off of axis. No smoothing.
Axis: 0, 15, 30, 45

Funk Audio Large Planar Specifications:

Dimensions:
62mm Wide (2.563 inches)
152mm Tall (6 inches)

Efficiency:
99db/Watt

Power Handling:
100 Watts

Fs = 800 hz

My impressions:

Impressions from listening to the 8.2P with this large format planar. It can directly compete with Raal Ribbons
This planar does not have the same flaws as the famous BG Neo 8s. This makes for effortless presentation and can be integrated very well if the woofer can keep up. And since the majority of the music information we actually hear exists below 4-5K this planar will excel and exceed ribbons in real life performance. Some of you wonder why… A planar has a very large active surface compared to ribbons which will translate to lower useable frequencies with significantly less distortion. For the designer, easier integration and fine tuning.

In this case, it’s usefulness in terms of coherency and dynamic ability is very different.

Why is this important? The human voice can produce sound between 100 and 1200hz with harmonics up to 8Khz. A piano can extend up to around 4.1khz. And most instruments produce less than 3Khz with most of the harmonics below 10khz.

Raal vs Funk Audio 8.2 Planar?
Raal vs Planars / Raal vs other Ribbons

Most ribbons including Raal, has very small active area with very little excursion. Limiting yourself to certain crossovers would lead to sub par performance and poor integration due to no room to optimize. This applies for drivers of all types. Having such a driver of this performance level open many opportunities.

The planar will keep the high frequency floor bounce to a minimum. There is little vertical dispersion in a planar, but since this is one of the largest planars it will give quite a tall vertical coverage. Dispersion in a planar narrows across the horizontal plane as the frequency gets higher. As the frequency of sound goes higher, the wavelength is smaller. So this is not really to much of a problem. This was proven at the Vancouver Summertime GTG (2014) since I did not hear anyone complain about high frequency dispersion or "beaming" issues. Quite a few of use were off Axis as well and not in the "sweet spot".

At Funk Audio, performance in the real world comes first, nothing else.

Funk Audio TSAD18v1 vs TC Sounds LMS ULTRA 5400

I personally did not get that much experience with TC Sounds drivers...Most are too short... So I'll post a link to a person that has both...I do, however, feel that the TSAD18V1 driver responds very accurately even on low volume even though the demo was short. (Was too distracted by the dual 18.3 and 18.2)

Forum: Audioholics
Posted by: Docks

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...vs-tsad18.html

Quote:
Music!
Digging through my FLAC collection resulted in me choosing my first album for this.
Daft Punk: Tron soundtrack and cranking the EP4000 up allowed me to become fully engrossed in this. I’ve heard this on my LMS, so I had a reference point, I honestly thought these two drivers would sound very similar - I was mistaken. The LMS seems to have a bit more bass lower, but the TSAD has more higher up, and when I say “higher” i mean 40hz. I asked myself, if its lower is it better? The meat of most music is above 40hz, which the TSAD appears to excel on this soundtrack. Using both subs side by side, i was adjusting the channels again to my surprise it sounded like the LMS was “slower” than the TSAD, almost like the LMS is dragging the music out, this gives me the impression that the TSAD is a bit more “true to the source”

Funk Audio Speakers For the Home Theater and other Customizations

Funk Audio 5.4P Center Channel (Custom):

Funk Audio 18.2C (Custom Sealed Enclosure, 2.4KW RMS Amp)

Other Specifications

Some information is not on the official website yet but will be updated later on. Please PM or post to notify me of changes.

Funk Audio 6.1P

F3 would be the point at which frequency response drops 3 decibels. This is the point that your frequency response starts to trail off.

f3 is 47hz
f10 is 40hz

Funk Audio 18.2

For Power Level 2 as far as I know, Comes with 2 Units for amplification not integrated with the box. These were demoed at the Vancouver Summer Time get together on July 19th 2014.
These if proper amount of power supplied are able to to 130db, with compensation for dual opposed 140db if I remember correctly.

Interesting Facts:
Capable of 130 dB 2M ground plane
Can Achieve 140 dB w/ compensation for Dual Opposed (Needs confirmation)
Drivers have not been fried yet even with over 10 Kw

Last edited by crackhead2k; 07-27-2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Adding detail
post #4 of 28 Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 536
One thing I would like to see measured is the 18.1 subwoofer, I would like to see how much of a boost the vent give to the low end of the woofer there. I think that might be a killer sub. It looks to me like that woofer would be best for a ported configuration. I have long lusted after a gloss black 18.0, but financial circumstances at present forbid it. Of course, the ultimate would be some 18.2s, but that will have to wait for when I win the lotto (any day now my lucky number will come up!) I am intrigued by the 8.7, and Mark Kravchenko's explanation of the design choices in this thread should pique anyone's interest who is looking to purchase a serious high-fidelity loudspeaker at the moment, however, as with Funk's other stuff, it is out of reach for myself at present. By the way Crackhead, your setup looks terrific, I am sure it must sound great.
post #5 of 28 Old 07-21-2014, 01:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
I had the pleasure of being at the gtg and listening to the funk products. Here are my impressions.

The 18.2 sub is just devastating. Its the same size as my sub's but its in another world. Clean deep bass that is very impressive. I don't think at 115 dB's bass can be any better. The only thing I wished was to hear one of there more affordable sub's. How would it compare to the top dawg. If I came into some serious cash I would order two for my new house instantly.

The 6.1 speakers for music are The best speakers I've ever heard for vocals. All the nouns you could use , life like, etc. The only music that I don't think their suited for is hard Rock or metal. They are laid back and just don't have the bite you would want for ac/dc. If you love jazz then you would be in heaven.

For movies I wouldn't recommend the 6.1 because they just don't have the dynamics that a high sensative speaker does. They are not bad, but I think there are better options out there. The funk sub is awesome for everything.

The funk guys are nice to talk to and put on a good show.
post #6 of 28 Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 556
I too was at the GTG and agree about the sub. A real monster with class. Is there such a thing? Yup, that Funk sub.

The speakers were very well done. Exceptional fit and finish. Very smooth linear response. Clean laid back sound. Wonderful speakers.
post #7 of 28 Old 07-21-2014, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
One thing I would like to see measured is the 18.1 subwoofer, I would like to see how much of a boost the vent give to the low end of the woofer there. I think that might be a killer sub. It looks to me like that woofer would be best for a ported configuration. I have long lusted after a gloss black 18.0, but financial circumstances at present forbid it. Of course, the ultimate would be some 18.2s, but that will have to wait for when I win the lotto (any day now my lucky number will come up!) I am intrigued by the 8.7, and Mark Kravchenko's explanation of the design choices in this thread should pique anyone's interest who is looking to purchase a serious high-fidelity loudspeaker at the moment, however, as with Funk's other stuff, it is out of reach for myself at present. By the way Crackhead, your setup looks terrific, I am sure it must sound great.
It is +/- 3 db variable from 16 to 30hz afaik. If you want to push with the dsp. It would be better to ask Nathan. Response up to 150. If you liked to 18.0 you can try the 18.0SE. It's the same and just has a budget finish and square box.

Also upgrading those speakers soon hehe juat waiting on Nathan.

post #8 of 28 Old 07-22-2014, 03:34 AM - Thread Starter

Chalugadp, I agree for some of your statements.

I personally found them to be laid back when they should be with very low distortion so they didn't seemed to be as loud or fatiguing when they run hot. As far as I know they can run a bit hotter. It's just so clean....doesn't sound as loud due to the lack of distortion. Didn't really feel that there was a lack of dynamics.

I think David mentioned the same thing too

~ C2K

Last edited by crackhead2k; 07-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.
post #9 of 28 Old 07-22-2014, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
C2K, Thanks for the great job you've done getting this thread started.

shadyJ, we are actually working on upgrading the driver and amp in the 18.1, and should have some measurements of it in the next couple months.

For everyone else I would like to let you know we will be exhibiting again this year at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest October 10-12. We will be in room 437
https://audiofest.net/2014/

Nathan Funk
Funk Audio
post #10 of 28 Old 07-23-2014, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey has anyone heard the 8.7p speakers before who could offer a bit of a review?

Also, crackhead, where did you find that FR measurement* of the tweeter? Does Nathan post measurements of the speakers? I'd be interested in "seeing" what we heard.

* The specs say 99db/w/m but the measurement shows an average well above 103db???
post #11 of 28 Old 07-23-2014, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic View Post
Hey has anyone heard the 8.7p speakers before who could offer a bit of a review?

Also, crackhead, where did you find that FR measurement* of the tweeter? Does Nathan post measurements of the speakers? I'd be interested in "seeing" what we heard.

* The specs say 99db/w/m but the measurement shows an average well above 103db???

Steve asked me if he could post this measurement.

This measurement is Nathan's planar on a waveguide. So there is a bit of cancellation as you go off axis.

Without the waveguide the response is 99db across the board.

As for the 8.7P there are a few comments on the sound.

If I can help I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Mark Kravchenko

Consultant and Designer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #12 of 28 Old 07-23-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey you were critical of me for calling mine a waveguide They're horns

So is the planar used in any speakers in that WG? The 8.2 wasn't a WG if I recall correctly. Got any pics? I'm a waveguide user so that interests me. An 8" wide guide would look fantastic on the 8.2. But that measurement doesn't show much directivity with a bit of bunching around 4 to 5khz.
post #13 of 28 Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Hey you were critical of me for calling mine a waveguide They're horns

So is the planar used in any speakers in that WG? The 8.2 wasn't a WG if I recall correctly. Got any pics? I'm a waveguide user so that interests me. An 8" wide guide would look fantastic on the 8.2. But that measurement doesn't show much directivity with a bit of bunching around 4 to 5khz.

Got me! When in Rome.....

We don't use a waveguide. (To short to be called a horn really) The reason is that is does not work as well as what we are doing.

We have such a controlled dispersion pattern that as I found at the GTG in Vancouver, you can hear one speaker and it's contribution to the stereo image while sitting very close to another one.

Most of the reason why we can generate such a clear stereo image.

The 8.7's pushed this up a few notches. We had height in the stereo image and in a large room you would get imaging from 25 feet away.

For that speaker i dipped into looking at electromagnetic wave theory used in radio towers to figure out an optimum setup. Glad I took the time for the research. Because it really paid off.
crackhead2k and manwithnocape like this.

Mark Kravchenko

Consultant and Designer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 28 Old 07-24-2014, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

the 8.7 is a devastating monster. clean and athletic all the way down to 24HZ-ish. no need for a sub if you are a music only kinda guy... but then again, they would pair up really well with Funks concept 21/22" subs.

All of this stuff that is being said is things that I have been saying since i got on the forums. Funk Audio produces capable speakers and amps, and capable simply means that it will not quit for any one or any reason, and do everything without diminishing returns. im just glad im not alone anymore.

great thread everyone.

yes, this is my tutu, and yes, funerals are appropriate places to wear them... now hand me my scepter
post #15 of 28 Old 07-24-2014, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithnocape View Post
the 8.7 is a devastating monster. clean and athletic all the way down to 24HZ-ish. no need for a sub if you are a music only kinda guy... but then again, they would pair up really well with Funks concept 21/22" subs.

All of this stuff that is being said is things that I have been saying since i got on the forums. Funk Audio produces capable speakers and amps, and capable simply means that it will not quit for any one or any reason, and do everything without diminishing returns. im just glad im not alone anymore.

great thread everyone.
Dammit were have you been? You disappeared for quite awhile. I wish i saw the 8.7Ps. And hehe you saw the prototypes too? I'm 99% sure they are 21s. Btw were are you around manwithnocape? Were bouts in Vancouver are you? ?

I've been waiting for a thread like this too... i was like what heck. .I'll just make it.

Hey glad to see you around. We can all party now.

Still got a lot of things to update on the post. Did you get anything from Funk manwithnocape?

Last edited by crackhead2k; 07-24-2014 at 04:45 PM.
post #16 of 28 Old 07-24-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackhead2k View Post
Dammit were have you been? You disappeared for quite awhile. I wish i saw the 8.7Ps. And hehe you saw the prototypes too? I'm 99% sure they are 21s. Btw were are you around manwithnocape? Were bouts in Vancouver are you? ?

I've been waiting for a thread like this too... i was like what heck. .I'll just make it.

Hey glad to see you around. We can all party now.

Still got a lot of things to update on the post. Did you get anything from Funk manwithnocape?
ya. I had that 2.1 system on his website... the one with the 8.1P's and the 18.0 finished in Koa. I sold that back and bought the Omegas, and Im getting them "rebuilt" into something awesome.

Just waiting for Nathan to build a 8 channel amp and I'll be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

You know me, im all Funk all the time. Thanks for the welcome back. I got married and shortly after we got hit by a garbage truck, so life is a bit busy/a pain in the arse. lol!

yes, this is my tutu, and yes, funerals are appropriate places to wear them... now hand me my scepter
post #17 of 28 Old 07-24-2014, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
ya. I had that 2.1 system on his website... the one with the 8.1P's and the 18.0 finished in Koa. I sold that back and bought the Omegas, and Im getting them "rebuilt" into something awesome.

Just waiting for Nathan to build a 8 channel amp and I'll be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.

You know me, im all Funk all the time. Thanks for the welcome back. I got married and shortly after we got hit by a garbage truck, so life is a bit busy/a pain in the arse. lol!
Congratulations on getting married! Omegas? 8 channels of how much power? Omg you are going have at least 500 watts each @ 4ohm maybe 800?

What is the omega????
When will you get one?

Can you demo for me

Last edited by crackhead2k; 07-24-2014 at 06:59 PM.
post #18 of 28 Old 07-24-2014, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Congratulations on getting married! Omegas? 8 channels of how much power? Omg you are going have at least 500 watts each @ 4ohm maybe 800?

What is the omega????
When will you get one?

Can you demo for me
This is the Omega. Im getting them "overhauled" into a killer speaker.
http://funkaudio.ca/wp-content/uploa...1/custom-3.jpg

Nathan just picked them up from me today, and he's starting on them in a couple of weeks. Ill post pics.

post #19 of 28 Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Nathan just picked them up from me today, and he's starting on them in a couple of weeks. Ill post pics.
Never heard that one. Should be interesting.
Dam the days seem so long when you have to wait....

Also need a 18.0SE....really really bad. But not within budget because of speaker purchase. Need it to keep up. Current velodyne sub is crud...

Waiting to see everything. ..

post #20 of 28 Old 07-26-2014, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Do you still go there twice a month? hehe, can't wait to see that omega in action. You must be on Sechelt right?

Update: Added Frequency Response / Harmonic Distortion Graph

Update: Added Compilation of Reviews and Impressions on Post #1
Update: Uploaded removed! Apk downloads may be forced to pop up on Android devices. Used mine. Switched to MediaFire.

MediaFire

If anyone is interested in Funk Audio you should check out this list. It is 13 pages long but should be quite useful.

Last edited by crackhead2k; 07-27-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Update on changes
post #21 of 28 Old 07-29-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Do you still go there twice a month? hehe, can't wait to see that omega in action. You must be on Sechelt right?

Update: Added Frequency Response / Harmonic Distortion Graph

Update: Added Compilation of Reviews and Impressions on Post #1
Update: Uploaded removed! Apk downloads may be forced to pop up on Android devices. Used mine. Switched to MediaFire.

MediaFire

If anyone is interested in Funk Audio you should check out this list. It is 13 pages long but should be quite useful.
no, not anymore. i live in burnaby.

post #22 of 28 Old 08-12-2014, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

For those interested there is a Line Array being Built.

And yes, Nathan is building it for me

I will index them into the upper pages when I got the time...

Here is the link to the Thread:
Funk Audio Line Array - Build Thread -

And the current Videos:

Funk Audio Line Array Part 1

Funk Audio Line Array Part 2

Funk Audio Line Array Part 3

Last edited by crackhead2k; 08-13-2014 at 01:18 AM.
post #23 of 28 Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Funk Audio produces capable speakers and amps, and capable simply means that it will not quit for any one or any reason, and do everything without diminishing returns. im just glad im not [IMG]http://*******/pQ9tzh[/IMG]alone anymore.
post #24 of 28 Old 08-18-2014, 01:37 AM - Thread Starter

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieorprikl View Post
Funk Audio produces capable speakers and amps, and capable simply means that it will not quit for any one or any reason, and do everything without diminishing returns. im just glad im not [IMG]http://*******/pQ9tzh[/IMG]alone anymore.
Just so you guys know. I usually don't mention it unless it's a huge improvement!
Funk Audio now has a Completely Rebuilt Website!

http://www.funkaudio.ca/

There is still a lot of content to add but at least you know it's going somewhere!
If you guys got suggestion for Nathan, Make a post here! that or message him yourself

Here's his New Youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9k...TW5jzrg/videos

Here's his untouched Videos with very little editing with no music dubs on his channel:

-C2K

post #25 of 28 Old 08-18-2014, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

An update for you guys!

post #26 of 28 Old 09-07-2014, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

A 21" Driver From Funk Audio!

post #27 of 28 Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Since you guys are being so quiet, you can take a look at my progress pictures on my line array!

post #28 of 28 Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter

Update: The 18.2 Is sold I bought them actually, Here are some Line Array Photos and SuB

Reply Speakers

Tags
funk audio , high-end , nathan funk , speaker , subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page