Advice needed for selecting fronts to pair with comparably surrounds. Regards - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-10-2014, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Advice needed for selecting fronts to pair with comparably surrounds. Regards

I read this quote in an article in regards to matching different brand/series speakers.

"Choosing speakers with similar output capabilities above the crossover point to preserve dynamic range for the entire system response"

For example I bought 4 new Energy speakers for my surrounds last night on ebay. I got them primarily because of the materials, price and adjustable tweeter. The crossover point is 2.2Khz and capable of 55hz-20Khz .

Does that simply mean that I need my front wall speakers to all match and have at least a 2.2Khz - 20Khz range with similar materials in construction in order to maintain timber and preserve dynamic range of system?

Now that I have my surrounds, I need the front wall set up and sub. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to look for or to avoid here. I prefer inwall but am not set on it. It all depends on the quality and the deal I find.

I listen to mostly movies and tv in hd dolby surround like HBO and Showtime and Blueray. Not nearly as much music.

Set up is:

Harman Kardon 2600

Room is 17'x25' and Listening area is a 17'x17' square with kitchen area and card table behind.

The surrounds will be mounted into a 2' wide soffit that is 1'deep from the 9' ceiling that goes around the perimeter of the Listening area. So the soffit is 8' from the floor.

Thank you for any wisdom you might share with me.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page