Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-14-2014, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
**Speaker, Volume Control, and Receiver help please**

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forums. Been browsing for a bit but now I really need some help. I started a whole house surround install at my parents house. The house is pre wired for two speakers in 7 rooms, pre wired for a volume control in each room, and all the speaker drops are in the family room. Today installed all of the in-ceiling speakers. Simple plug and play red/black wire. Then I plugged in a receiver into the family room and tried to hook up the other end of the speaker wires. Completely forgot about the volume control hook up. So I went to the volume control plate and found two red/black wires in the wall. Also found a 16 gauge 4 wire with red black white and green wires. The drop in the family room has the same thing, 7 red/black wires plus 7 16 gauge 4 wires. Now my question is: How do I hook up the volume controls and which wires do I hook up to the receiver? The volume control has a L+,L-,R+,R- input on one side and the same output on the other side. So a total of 8 wires can be hooked up to the volume control. I just don't know which wires go into what on the receiver end and the volume controls. Sorry for the long post but I tried to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks!
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page