Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Which KEF front speaker combo?
Which of these is the better option? I can get both of these options for within $100 of each other.
Option 1) 2 KEF Q300s paired with a Q600c
Option 2) 2 KEF Q500s paired with a Q200c
Option 2 is approximately $100 more expensive (mostly shipping cost). The Q500s are discounted to $299 which is a crazy price.
This would be upgrading legacy KEF Q1 series. I have never owned floor-standing speakers before.
Here are some details to help in answering:
1. Budget: N/A - I am OK with the pricing ~$1000
2. Size requirements/limits: None
3. Room dimensions. Approx 18x30 with 8 - 9 ft ceilings and a couple of openings
4. Primary uses. 100% Home Theater
5. Listening habits. I do like some bass and since this is a dedicated home theater in the basement, I do tend to have the volume up pretty high.
6. Appearance requirements. Don't care as long as it sounds good.
7. Other Info: Denon AVR-1613; Definitive Technology Pro Sub 1000; KEF surrounds
Thanks in advance for the help! I really appreciate it.