Originally Posted by o CUBBY o
Thank you for all the advise! I will definitely play around with the EQ settings. I guess with all of my frustration I didn't realize that was available in the X2000. I've only had it it for a week. I thought a new receiver might help the problem...maybe it will.
I also picked up a Umic and downloaded REW. Haven't done much measuring, still trying to figure out REW. When running Audyssey I am using all 8 zones in the suggested positions.
You are doing all the right things. Running EQ, measuring, reading, asking questions..
Hang in there, we have all been there
Can you sketch your room, or post some pictures, or explain it to us? Some questions I have:
- Does your floor have carpet, or is it a hard surface?
- Do your windows have curtains/drapes?
- Couch with pillows?
- Are your speakers close to the back of the wall, or side walls?
- What is the width and length of your room, and where is your main seating position placed with regards to the center of the room?
- Do you have flexibility with regards to your subwoofer placement?
- Have you tried the subwoofer crawl test?
You can have the best speakers in the world, have them in an untreated room or placed poorly, and there is not much even Audyssey can do. Some simple adjustments can make all the difference, but the key is you have EQ, the desire, and the gear to measure...