Paradigm Studio-40s v3 and cc-570 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-19-2014, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Paradigm Studio-40s v3 and cc-570

Local seller wants 1200 for these 3 speakers. "lightly used" we're his words. Second owner. No manuals, stands or extras.

What would be a fair price to pay for these? Also, I'm using a denon x1000 receiver, that going to have any issue driving these things or should I be ok? Anyone with a similar setup?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-19-2014, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakillaGorilla View Post
Local seller wants 1200 for these 3 speakers. "lightly used" we're his words. Second owner. No manuals, stands or extras.

What would be a fair price to pay for these? Also, I'm using a denon x1000 receiver, that going to have any issue driving these things or should I be ok? Anyone with a similar setup?
any help here would be appreciated...

Also, i went and looked at the speakers tonight. The center speaker sounded incredible, but I really didn't have a chance to hear the sound from the studio 40s. I asked the seller to disconnect the center speaker so I could hear the studio 40s and the sound was very muted, not full in any sense of the word.

He had an older receiver and a separate rotel amp, so I do not believe there was any shortage of power. Possibly just not sending the appropriate signal to the front left and right speakers? He fiddled with the settings on the receiver but at no point did the two studio forty's ever match the output coming from the center speaker.

I didn't pull the trigger on these b/c I couldn't hear them. I did offer to buy the center speaker but he was not willing to split them up. Any idea what was likely going on? Also, would this be a good buy? The one speaker did have a corner dent like it had been dropped but again i never actually "heard" the studio 40s as they were muted for whatever reason.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-19-2014, 08:04 PM

Liked: 14
Just my opinion, but if you went to listen to them on his equipment, and they didn't work, I'd wonder if they are going to work on yours.

I'd look elsewhere.
post #4 of 7 Old 07-20-2014, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If his receiver was on 5.1 or whatever and not on stereo, then just pulling the wires on the center would not give a good ideas what the FL & FR sound like because only limited sound is being fed to them. However, if he switched over to stereo (2 ch) and they sounded like that then you have a blown tweeter or tow based on your description. Not overly uncommon with these speakers, but not too expensive to fix.

Assuming all speakers are ok though, I would say based on my looking on both audiogon and ebay over the years that the 40's should go for about $600 in great shape and the center for about $250-$275. $1,200 seems a bit high (IMHO)

Too many toys
post #5 of 7 Old 07-20-2014, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Yea. I've seen many go for much cheaper in great condition on audiogon. They pop up there quite frequently too, or atleast they used to when I was frequenting the site regularly.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-21-2014, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

i just decided to buy new EMP Tek E55Tis.

New, know where they've been and a 5 year warranty. From all the positive things I've read, I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Last edited by MakillaGorilla; 07-21-2014 at 03:40 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-21-2014, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Nice! They'll be more tame than the Studios, but I think you'll be happy
Reply Speakers
Gear in this thread - Studio-40s by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page