Help with 5.1 Setup
I just purchased a Pioneer Elite VSX 80 AVR
I also signed up for B&W CM1 LR, the CM Center (the CM Center 2 was way out of my budget despite the upgrade in sound) and am considering the B&W 683s for the rears.
Here are my issues/concerns:
1. The CM series are rear vented, so I can't use the pre-wired surround outs in my room, and will have to place these on the console
2. The CM series is available in that gorgeous wenge finish, the 6 is only available in white or black
3. I liked the fullness of the 6 series 3 way center, but the tight and crispness of the CM 2 way center
1a. Am I investing too much into my rears? should I consider the in-wall rears from B&W? My logic for investing in rears was the given the HUGE space, I might need 4 channel music to fill the room up at sufficient volume at times.
1b. Which center should I go with - should I bite the bullet and go with the cheaper 6 series' 3 way center or should I stick with the higher CM series' 2 way center?
2. Is there another speaker (any manufacturer) that I should consider in or cheaper than this price range that is front vented and therefore wall mountable?
3. Are the 6 and CM timbre matched?
4. What sub should I buy for my HUGE space?
TIA for answering my scatter brained questions
cathedral ceilings, open floor plan, 17x21 'room' that is essentially open
Last edited by mantikos; 07-20-2014 at 06:31 PM.