I've got a problem I need help with - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By 89grand

post #1 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've got a problem I need help with

Hi all. Hope this is Somthing I can get help with. I have a Mitsubishi xd206u. I wanna hook my xbox 360 up to it using the yellow video cable as this is the only way to hook it up.. Now I need sound.. The projector has 2 3.5mm audio jacks one is labeled audio in and the other audio out. What cable would I need to hook up RCA from my xbkx into the projector so the audio out I can connect my 5.1 conputer speakers? Thanks in advanced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 89
You'd need a 3.5mm to RCA cable, they are very common, I have several. Monoprice is a good place to get one.

post #3 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 09:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 687
If you are trying to get the video from the Xbox to the projector, and the audio from the Xbox to the computer speakers, then you need to connect the Xbox to your computer speakers. How do you connect your speakers to the PC?

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
post #4 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
If you are trying to get the video from the Xbox to the projector, and the audio from the Xbox to the computer speakers, then you need to connect the Xbox to your computer speakers. How do you connect your speakers to the PC?
I'm going threw the projector so I just need a way to connect the RCA to a aux in the projector then plug my speakes in
post #5 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89grand View Post
You'd need a 3.5mm to RCA cable, they are very common, I have several. Monoprice is a good place to get one.

It's like the but the RCA from the xbox would plug into that so the oppose of the RCA on that cable e
post #6 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Just look for that cable with female RCA connections. www.monoprice.com has everything you could need.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
post #7 of 7 Old 07-23-2014, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 89
And while your shopping on Monoprice, just pick up some other random cables you may need in the future. May as well just pay shipping once, and have some random cables on hand for the future. I have a whole bag full of y-adapters, various lengths of RCA cables, HDMI, USB to mini and mico, etc.
Transmaniacon likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page