Old 07-29-2014, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Polk 7.1 upgrade questions

Hi everyone,
Happy Monday.

I am looking to upgrade my system a little and found a good deal on some Polk rti10s, polk csi5 and velodyne cht-10 including a denon 889 for $600.

My question is how much is the denon worth? Also, I currently have Rti8s and Fxi6s. So, If I buy this deal, should I use the rti8s or Fxi5s as sides/rears? Why?

Also, I made the mistake of buying a receiver without a pre out for amps. I got a Denon 1911 on ebay and will probably re-sell it as well. Should I consider going to a 5.2 system with the Rti8s or Fxi5s and sell which I choose are unnecessary to get some money toward an Amp after I get a new receiver?

Should I sell either the Fxi5s/Polk Rti8s and buy a new receiver/amp and run a improved 5.2 system? Or continue using my reciever and run a 7.2 system with Rti10 fronts, Rti8 and Fxi5s either way?

One other question. Klipsch rf3 or Polk Rti10? Obviously I would not add klipsch into my system but just wondering what you would say is better? thanks.

Let me know your thoughts. I need and appreciate the help.
Thanks.

Last edited by isaac415; 07-29-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 471
I don't think it's worth upgrading from the RTi8 to the RTi10. Your current receiver is fine, while the RTi series does like power, if they are loud enough now I wouldn't bother worrying about it. I would recommend buying the matching center and a new sub.

Polk CSi5 (Also available in black)

This is Polk's official Ebay store, and you get a brand new speaker with a warranty, plus free shipping.

Now for a new sub, this sale ends on the 31st so jump on this deal now: Outlaw LFM-1 Plus This is a fantastic sub woofer, leaps and bounds better than that Velodyne, and currently on a very good sale with free shipping. This gets you 18Hz extension and great output and accuracy, and will work very well with your Polks.

Stick with a good 5.1/2 system, there isn't a whole lot of 7 channel content and most people don't have the proper space for that many channels anyway. This will sound much better than if you just added the RTi10s and went to 7 channels.

Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12
Old 07-29-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
I don't think it's worth upgrading from the RTi8 to the RTi10. Your current receiver is fine, while the RTi series does like power, if they are loud enough now I wouldn't bother worrying about it. I would recommend buying the matching center and a new sub.

Polk CSi5 (Also available in black)

This is Polk's official Ebay store, and you get a brand new speaker with a warranty, plus free shipping.

Now for a new sub, this sale ends on the 31st so jump on this deal now: Outlaw LFM-1 Plus This is a fantastic sub woofer, leaps and bounds better than that Velodyne, and currently on a very good sale with free shipping. This gets you 18Hz extension and great output and accuracy, and will work very well with your Polks.

Stick with a good 5.1/2 system, there isn't a whole lot of 7 channel content and most people don't have the proper space for that many channels anyway. This will sound much better than if you just added the RTi10s and went to 7 channels.
I agree! Just get the CSi5 center channel and then the outlaw subwoofer for the money it would be a marked improvement.

7.1 is cool for bragging rights but in most situations 5.1 is plenty and more than the average person so they will be impressed