PSB Century subwoofer failure - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-01-2014, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
PSB Century subwoofer failure

After many years of trouble free use, my Century Subsonic 2i has failed. The green LED light comes on but no sound is being output. I fear the amp has died. I checked the fuse and it's still good. I called PSB and they can sell me a replacement amp for $469, the cost of a brand new sub. Any suggestions? I considered buying a plate amp from PE but not sure about that. Comments, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-01-2014, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO734 View Post
After many years of trouble free use, my Century Subsonic 2i has failed. The green LED light comes on but no sound is being output. I fear the amp has died. I checked the fuse and it's still good. I called PSB and they can sell me a replacement amp for $469, the cost of a brand new sub. Any suggestions? I considered buying a plate amp from PE but not sure about that. Comments, suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Sounds like a fried amp to me.. I'd take out the sub and test it first if it's fine.. I'd go buy a different amp on Parts express. $469 is quite high.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-12-2014, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I did just that. There was no way I was going to pay that much for just an amp. Went to PE and purchased a Dayton Audio plate amp. I had to make some modifications to the sub box but after that this new amp works just fine. Re-calibrated the system and I am now back up and running...except for new issue with PSB speaker tweeter (new post about that issue).
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page