Originally Posted by Transmaniacon
Yeah they would be fine for background music. See if you any audio dealers in the area, Best Buy Magnolia also carries a decent selection, but it's good to hear what you are buying beforehand.
And having a dedicated space would be excellent
So I've taken a look around and as it stands I think there are 3 basic options I'm going to look at, in order of least to most expensive.
- Re-use my Klipsch RC-62 I center channel
- Buy new Klipsch RB-61 II bookshelf speakers for the left and right
This is the most cost effective option and would give us the sound/volume we are used to but is the least sleek of the 3.
- Buy Def Tech Mythos SSA-50 soundbar to either act as LCR or provide simulated surround is the in-ceilings don't work out.
- Buy new sub to compensate for soundbar's lack of bass
This is the option being pushed by my local A/V dealer as it sounds good and looks good. I don't really know how the performance will compare to the Klipsch setup since the speakers are much small and not as efficient.
- Buy Def Tech Mythos 7 for center channel and Mythos 6 for left and right. Likely will need a new sub as well.
Mix of the two looks, small sleek speakers but separate for that balanced look around the tv.
Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions? I think my girlfriend prefers option 2 from a looks perspective but she is open to all 3. I want to make sure that if I spend some money now, that it performs well compared to my old RC-62/RF-62 front setup.