2Likes
  • 2 Post By afrogt

post #1 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Subwoofer help

Hi, i purchased an Outlaw M8 sub along with Denon X-1000 AVR.

I'm wondering what is the best way to connect these 2 together? Y- cable? or Mono-cable? Also, what is the crossover and frequency behind the Sub? What about the Power option, should i leave it on\off\auto?

i'm totally new to all these audio setting and config, so any inputs would be greatly appreciate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 418
1. Use a single RCA/Subwoofer cable and plug into the Low Frequency LF (white) input.

2. Flip the switch to Bypass which lets the AV Receiver control the crossover for the sub.

3. Either leave the power switch in the On or Auto position. That's up to you. You'll conserve a little energy by using the Auto position.

If you don't have access to your owners manual you can get it here. It explains things pretty well starting with Page 5.
http://pdf.outlawaudio.com/outlaw/docs/M8_OM.pdf

When calibrating with your Denon x1000 turn the volume on the sub about 1/3 up, about the 10 o'clock position. Then plug the calibration microphone into the Denon and run the Audyssey setup. It'll set the volume levels for the sub and your other speakers as well as the crossover frequency.

There's a Denon X series Owners Thread which you should check for any more help with your receiver. Lots of valuable info in there.
The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
Transmaniacon and mh522 like this.

Afro GT
post #3 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
1. Use a single RCA/Subwoofer cable and plug into the Low Frequency LF (white) input.

2. Flip the switch to Bypass which lets the AV Receiver control the crossover for the sub.

3. Either leave the power switch in the On or Auto position. That's up to you. You'll conserve a little energy by using the Auto position.

If you don't have access to your owners manual you can get it here. It explains things pretty well starting with Page 5.

When calibrating with your Denon x1000 turn the volume on the sub about 1/3 up, about the 10 o'clock position. Then plug the calibration microphone into the Denon and run the Audyssey setup. It'll set the volume levels for the sub and your other speakers as well as the crossover frequency.

There's a Denon X series Owners Thread which you should check for any more help with your receiver. Lots of valuable info in there.
The 'Official' 2013 Denon "E Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ
Out of curiosity, will i be getting better performance using 1 single subwoofer cable vs White + red RCA cable? As i see they are both available on the M8.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

any 1 can answer this?
post #5 of 7 Old 08-11-2014, 09:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 418
No, you wont get better performance using single vs Y cable, but your x1000 only has a single sub output. You'll be buying a Y cable for no reason except to satisfy your curiosity.

Go ahead and do it as they don't cost that much.

Afro GT
post #6 of 7 Old 08-12-2014, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Hi, on my Subwoofer. What is Phase? i have the option to switch between 0 degrees to 180 degrees?
post #7 of 7 Old 08-13-2014, 12:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Leave it on 0. Audyssey will handle the phase when you run it.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page