Home theater speakers suggestions 5.1 (7.1) $2,500 budget - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 08-22-2014, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ch1sox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Home theater speakers suggestions 5.1 (7.1) $2,500 budget

I'd like to spend a max $2,500 for the speakers. I'm undecided on a 5.1 or 7.1 setup. The $2,500 will only be for the speakers. I will have a separate budget for the subwoofer next month.

I have currently have a 5.1 setup with the Jamo S606 which I got for $350 several years ago and I believe it's time to upgrade.

My receiver is a Yamaha v673. If this will not power the new speakers, I will upgrade this to whatever will power them.

The basement is more of a family/game/movie room and you can get an idea of the dimensions with my rough sketch below. I will not be using in wall speakers. I am fine with either tower or bookshelf speakers. It is evenly used between movies, games and TV. Any suggestions to start me out would be helpful! There are just so many speakers out there.


Last edited by ch1sox; 08-23-2014 at 12:35 PM.
ch1sox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 35 Old 08-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Member
 
niktak11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
2-3 1099s, 2 volt 10s, and the rest on a sub
niktak11 is offline  
post #3 of 35 Old 08-22-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,725
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 536
You might consider this:

Three Reaction CX-10 speakers for the front stage, and four Hsu HB-1s for the surround speakers. That is a 7 channel system which comes in at nearly $2.5k shipped, and your yamaha will have no problems driving that setup. Use some videosecu side clamping mounts to mount the speakers if you need to mount the surrounds on a wall. If you want to save a few dollars, go for a B-stock Hsu HB-1 speaker.
shadyJ is online now  
post #4 of 35 Old 08-22-2014, 11:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
You might consider this:

Three Reaction CX-10 speakers for the front stage, and four Hsu HB-1s for the surround speakers. That is a 7 channel system which comes in at nearly $2.5k shipped, and your yamaha will have no problems driving that setup. Use some videosecu side clamping mounts to mount the speakers if you need to mount the surrounds on a wall. If you want to save a few dollars, go for a B-stock Hsu HB-1 speaker.
Those Reaction like nice!

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #5 of 35 Old 08-22-2014, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,725
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Those Reaction like nice!
Yeah, finally an affordable high-sensitivity speaker that isn't some gigantic live sound speaker. Those Reaction speakers look like they could do true THX reference levels at normal listening distances.
shadyJ is online now  
post #6 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
Yeah, finally an affordable high-sensitivity speaker that isn't some gigantic live sound speaker. Those Reaction speakers look like they could do true THX reference levels at normal listening distances.
Is 95dB really considered high-sensitivity? Granted its higher then a lot of other speakers out there, but IMO you need to be pushing at least 97dB to be a HE speaker. I mean the pair of Klipsch RB-61's that I use to have were 95dB and I didn't think of them as a high efficiency speaker.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #7 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
shadyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,725
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 536
95 dB is well above the norm, yes it is high sensitivity. Klipsch over-rates their sensitivity specs badly, and the RB-61s are probably not even close to 95 dB. The RB-81s were measured at 91 dB, and the RB-61s are not likely to have greater sensitivity than the RB-81s.
shadyJ is online now  
post #8 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
95 dB is well above the norm, yes it is high sensitivity. Klipsch over-rates their sensitivity specs badly, and the RB-61s are probably not even close to 95 dB. The RB-81s were measured at 91 dB, and the RB-61s are not likely to have greater sensitivity than the RB-81s.
Yep. RB-61 II measured at 90.5 db by S&V.

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #9 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ch1sox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by niktak11 View Post
2-3 1099s, 2 volt 10s, and the rest on a sub
Which brand are these? I tried Google, but couldn't find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
You might consider this:

Three Reaction CX-10 speakers for the front stage, and four Hsu HB-1s for the surround speakers. That is a 7 channel system which comes in at nearly $2.5k shipped, and your yamaha will have no problems driving that setup. Use some videosecu side clamping mounts to mount the speakers if you need to mount the surrounds on a wall. If you want to save a few dollars, go for a B-stock Hsu HB-1 speaker.
Are there any reviews or user reviews on the Reaction CX-10 speakers? They look new and I can't find much on them. Are you saying they are high sensitive based on their specs?
ch1sox is offline  
post #10 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
Are there any reviews or user reviews on the Reaction CX-10 speakers? They look new and I can't find much on them. Are you saying they are high sensitive based on their specs?
They are new speakers. Reaction Audio is a fairly new Internet direct company, and their subs have been proven to be excellent values. Those speakers definitely have some nice looking, heavy duty drivers in them



Shadyj keeps up with Reaction Audio more than I do. If he says that those are a good speaker design, I'd order a pair and try them out

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #11 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 12:17 PM
Member
 
niktak11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch1sox View Post
Which brand are these? I tried Google, but couldn't find anything.


Are there any reviews or user reviews on the Reaction CX-10 speakers? They look new and I can't find much on them. Are you saying they are high sensitive based on their specs?
http://www.diysoundgroup.com
niktak11 is offline  
post #12 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Is 95dB really considered high-sensitivity? Granted its higher then a lot of other speakers out there, but IMO you need to be pushing at least 97dB to be a HE speaker. I mean the pair of Klipsch RB-61's that I use to have were 95dB and I didn't think of them as a high efficiency speaker.
The sensitivity rating is actually a little conservative.

The CX-10 uses an impedance blending crossover network that is designed to closely resemble the transparency of a bi-amp system (or at least as much as possible with a passive crossover network). According to Mark from Radian, most crossovers have a few db of insertion loss which this crossover does not. I would not be surprised if it more closely mirrored the efficiency of many brick and mortar brand speakers touting 97 or 98 db efficiency. I don't think RB-61s would be in the same ballpark.

But I would rather keep the specs conservative, as going the other direction could tend to bite me on the rear down the road lol.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is online now  
post #13 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
The sensitivity rating is actually a little conservative.

The CX-10 uses an impedance blending crossover network that is designed to closely resemble the transparency of a bi-amp system (or at least as much as possible with a passive crossover network). According to Mark from Radian, most crossovers have a few db of insertion loss which this crossover does not. I would not be surprised if it more closely mirrored the efficiency of many brick and mortar brand speakers touting 97 or 98 db efficiency. I don't think RB-61s would be in the same ballpark.

But I would rather keep the specs conservative, as going the other direction could tend to bite me on the rear down the road lol.

Good to know thanks for the information, how would they compare to the Volt 10's from the diysoundgroup?
http://www.diysoundgroup.com/coaxial...-volt-kit.html


Which compression driver are you using in these coax's?
jbrown15 is online now  
post #14 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
zieglj01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,887
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Shadyj keeps up with Reaction Audio more than I do. If he says that those are a good speaker design, I'd order a pair and try them out
Also you will need to allow 3 to 4 weeks on them

"PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE RUNNING ABOUT A 3-4 WEEK LEAD TIME ON THIS NEW PRODUCT"

__________________________________________
Who and Where - is the Way, the Truth and the Life?

Speakers > MB Quart VS05, Boston VS260, Snell K7
Subwoofer > Mordaunt Short Aviano 7
Receiver > Tascam PAR-200, Pioneer VSX-30
zieglj01 is offline  
post #15 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
The sensitivity rating is actually a little conservative.

The CX-10 uses an impedance blending crossover network that is designed to closely resemble the transparency of a bi-amp system (or at least as much as possible with a passive crossover network). According to Mark from Radian, most crossovers have a few db of insertion loss which this crossover does not. I would not be surprised if it more closely mirrored the efficiency of many brick and mortar brand speakers touting 97 or 98 db efficiency. I don't think RB-61s would be in the same ballpark.

But I would rather keep the specs conservative, as going the other direction could tend to bite me on the rear down the road lol.
They look good to me.
edgebsl likes this.

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #16 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Good to know thanks for the information, how would they compare to the Volt 10's from the diysoundgroup?
http://www.diysoundgroup.com/coaxial...-volt-kit.html


Which compression driver are you using in these coax's?
I don't believe the compression driver is sold separately.
The closest relative would be the 475pb.

I have not heard the Volt but I do have experience with the Eminence coaxes: I have built a few for folks with all Eminence components and they are quite nice. The Radian stuff is on a whole another planet IMO but the premium for their components reflects it. If budget was a concern I would certainly go with an Eminence Beta coax solution over a multitude of stuff, but for my ears the Radian coax is stunning.

As for the Volt, it looks like they have optimized a different crossover and hf driver so that cocktail may sound a little different than the all Eminence builds I have heard and squeeze a little more out of it. I would be anxious to check it out.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is online now  
post #17 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by zieglj01 View Post
Also you will need to allow 3 to 4 weeks on them

"PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE RUNNING ABOUT A 3-4 WEEK LEAD TIME ON THIS NEW PRODUCT"
More than likely 2-3 weeks at this point. From ship to delivery.
The launch was a little slow but we shipped a few last week and are shipping a few more next week.
Now that things are rolling, they should be churning out fairly quickly.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is online now  
post #18 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 6,671
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 797
I like the suggestions so far but if diy or waitlist don't do it for ya, maybe check out Ascend 340SEs across the front, 170SEs for surrounds (4) come in a total of just under $1500 shipped, or bump it up to the Sierra-1s across the front and that's just under 2k shipped, and they also sell Rythmik subs in packages for discount if that's a sub on your radar....http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/pur...isor.mv#bottom
edgebsl likes this.

lovinthehd is offline  
post #19 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ch1sox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
I like the suggestions so far but if diy or waitlist don't do it for ya, maybe check out Ascend 340SEs across the front, 170SEs for surrounds (4) come in a total of just under $1500 shipped, or bump it up to the Sierra-1s across the front and that's just under 2k shipped, and they also sell Rythmik subs in packages for discount if that's a sub on your radar....http://ascendacoustics.com/pages/pur...isor.mv#bottom
I was talking to my friend today who also recommended the Ascend speakers or the EMP Tek E55Ti towers and their matching parts.
ch1sox is offline  
post #20 of 35 Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
I don't believe the compression driver is sold separately.
The closest relative would be the 475pb.

I have not heard the Volt but I do have experience with the Eminence coaxes: I have built a few for folks with all Eminence components and they are quite nice. The Radian stuff is on a whole another planet IMO but the premium for their components reflects it. If budget was a concern I would certainly go with an Eminence Beta coax solution over a multitude of stuff, but for my ears the Radian coax is stunning.

As for the Volt, it looks like they have optimized a different crossover and hf driver so that cocktail may sound a little different than the all Eminence builds I have heard and squeeze a little more out of it. I would be anxious to check it out.

Wow, you're running a $150 compression driver in a $600 speaker? I have to say that's pretty impressive, most would choose a cheaper option at the price point you're selling at. Nice to see that, can we expect any third party measurements?


Have you considered making any slanted style wall mount speakers using that say setup of components? Basically a surround speaker version of the LCR coax's your selling? That would be really cool.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #21 of 35 Old 08-24-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Wow, you're running a $150 compression driver in a $600 speaker? I have to say that's pretty impressive, most would choose a cheaper option at the price point you're selling at. Nice to see that, can we expect any third party measurements?


Have you considered making any slanted style wall mount speakers using that say setup of components? Basically a surround speaker version of the LCR coax's your selling? That would be really cool.
More like a $300 coaxial and a $150 crossover.

Yes we are nuts, but being the new kid on the block and not being well known yet, setting an aggressive price point and low margin is one of the ways we can spread the word about what we do. The speaker probably should be $1200. But that is a tough price point to sell at for a new company.

We will be getting third party measurements by the fall.
Working on that for two subs right now.

I do want to do a surround speaker down the road, but using the Radian coaxes might be a bit pricey and heavy for a wall mount surround. I have a few other ideas which we will be exploring in the next few months that may be cheaper and more practical. For now if folks want to go CX-10 for LCR and something smaller for the surrounds I think as long as its not terribly inefficient they should be able to get good results from other speakers.

The most important thing, I believe, is that all front 3 speakers be matched.
One of the benefits of the coax is you can turn it on it's side for center duty.
I was never a fan of going say "Tweeter on the top" for L/R and going MTM for a center, even if the drivers were similar. I can always hear a noticeable shift in panning whereas the panning seems seamless when using three identical speakers up front.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is online now  
post #22 of 35 Old 08-24-2014, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
The most important thing, I believe, is that all front 3 speakers be matched.
One of the benefits of the coax is you can turn it on it's side for center duty.
I was never a fan of going say "Tweeter on the top" for L/R and going MTM for a center, even if the drivers were similar. I can always hear a noticeable shift in panning whereas the panning seems seamless when using three identical speakers up front.

I agree completely and that's why I'm running three JTR 228HT's all in a vertical configuration
I just don't want to send a grand per speaker for surrounds so that's why I haven't go with the JTR Slant 8 coax surrounds.


Do you mind telling me which mid you are using with the CD?
edgebsl likes this.
jbrown15 is online now  
post #23 of 35 Old 08-24-2014, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edgebsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Gulfport MS
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I agree completely and that's why I'm running three JTR 228HT's all in a vertical configuration
I just don't want to send a grand per speaker for surrounds so that's why I haven't go with the JTR Slant 8 coax surrounds.



Do you mind telling me which mid you are using with the CD?
That setup is nice!

Radian 2210 would be the non coax version of the woofer.

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

edgebsl is online now  
post #24 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
That setup is nice!

Radian 2210 would be the non coax version of the woofer.
You guys seem to have some nice subs, I'd almost be tempted to try one but I think I'm covered as far as subs go





I'd be really interested in some surrounds if you guys ever decide to build some with coax's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3 (13).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	228609  
jbrown15 is online now  
post #25 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 07:36 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
You guys seem to have some nice subs, I'd almost be tempted to try one but I think I'm covered as far as subs go
You mean "covered" as in having subwoofers aimed directly at every inch of your body, regardless of whether you are sitting or standing?
Transmaniacon and dsrussell like this.

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #26 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Transmaniacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 3,435
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 408 Post(s)
Liked: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
You mean "covered" as in having subwoofers aimed directly at every inch of your body, regardless of whether you are sitting or standing?
Or covered as in your entire front wall is covered with subs

Living Room
Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon DBP-1611 | Roku 3
Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | BIC F-12

Computer
Topping TP23 | NHT SuperZero 2.0 | Velodyne DEQ-8R
Transmaniacon is offline  
post #27 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 08:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
Or covered as in your entire front wall is covered with subs
Good one

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #28 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
You mean "covered" as in having subwoofers aimed directly at every inch of your body, regardless of whether you are sitting or standing?
Well I guess I figured if I'm going to go DIY for my subs, go big or go home!
No point in doing something half A$$ right?.....lol
jbrown15 is online now  
post #29 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 12:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,757
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Well I guess I figured if I'm going to go DIY for my subs, go big or go home!
No point in doing something half A$$ right?.....lol
I'd love to see your room and setup once go all in on Dolby Atmos, too

Your questions are answered:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is online now  
post #30 of 35 Old 08-25-2014, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jbrown15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 5,877
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 905
I'm not completely sold on Dolby Atmos yet plus I would have a really tough time implementing it in my room as all of my wires are run in wall and I have a slightly coffered ceiling so in would be a total pain in the rear end to get wires in my ceiling for speakers. But trust me, I was trying to think of ways to do it!...lol
jbrown15 is online now  
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off