First, thanks to anyone who can help me, I am lost wading through this information trying to find a similar setup / objective to my own. Here is my setup currently:
- New home theater, room is 12' wide x 17' long
- Epson powerlite home cinema 8350
- Screen tbd
(lost on that one also, 100% light controlled basement room, 110" target size)
- Receiver Yamaha RX-V673 which lists 90w by 7 channels @ 8ohms..
- Pre-wired for in-ceiling rear surrounds and in wall side speakers
- Klipsch RC-52 center built into a shelf just below where the screen will be
- Was contemplating some Klipsch reference towers around $800/pair? Have an old set of Advent towers currently (leftover from college days)
- Was contemplating some Klipsch in ceiling for the rear surrounds (or something else that will work if Klipsch is overkill, also like Polk's but I'm open. In the ceiling, I have pre-built boxes between floor joists about 15" x 15" square x 9.5" deep, sealed air tight with caulking and a 6" batt of roxul sound dampening insulation pressed against the upper (back) of the enclosure (not sure if I should keep the batting?) Budget for the Rear speakers is maybe $300 - $350 pair but prefer less if it won't make much difference. Do these need to be able to handle the 90watts continuous if they're entirely for surround / movies
- Pretty much the same for the side speakers except they're in the wall, don't currently have an internal enclosure (but could if it's important) and stud bay for those are 2x4 walls, budget $200 if that could work?
- Need a passable powered sub, no idea on a good basic sub but would prefer under $300.
Sorry for all the questions, wanted to provide detail to cut to the chase on this. I looked at the monoprice ceiling / wall speakers which had some decent reviews but they're 6 ohm's for the most part, but my towers will be 8 ohms, assumed that is a problem...
I'm about out of money on this project and still need to buy a screen as well so appreciate any help, thanks!