Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjp55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by varneysa View Post
Yep, and it looks like Jeremy has announced them. The only thing I'd add to my "big" comment is that the speaker is a 15" coaxial with a 2" compression driver.
Are there any measurements published for the CX-10 yet? I haven't even seen any reviews from anyone yet regarding this speaker. Does anyone on here own them?
I've heared the CX-10 at jemerys house. Played some music and the beginning scene of transformers with just 2 of them up front. Best speakers I've ever heard. Loud, clear, the imaging is absolutely incredible. I wish I could have walked away with them; just with a college student budget I could not sum up the funds. Brought home a sub though .
varneysa likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Are there any measurements published for the CX-10 yet? I haven't even seen any reviews from anyone yet regarding this speaker. Does anyone on here own them?
Haven't seen anything yet, but I think I might just take a leap of faith on these. The components are top notch from what I understand.
post #33 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 670 Post(s)
Liked: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Haven't seen anything yet, but I think I might just take a leap of faith on these. The components are top notch from what I understand.

Well when you think about it, it's more like a 30 day leap of faith....lol
If you don't like them just return them within 30 days
post #34 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
Well when you think about it, it's more like a 30 day leap of faith....lol
If you don't like them just return them within 30 days
I suppose that's true. So really I can't afford not to try

I love the idea of these high efficiency designs, they should make excellent use of my pioneer elite sc35
jbrown15 likes this.

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 08-31-2014 at 10:49 AM.
post #35 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 157
Thanks

Thanks JB for starting this thread, looks Jeremy is going to have to hire some help as the demand may out weigh the supply, good for him.
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
post #36 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I'm looking at a set of JBL 6332's (LCR)...any thoughts if the CX10's are in the same league as the JBLs? HT use only.

I don't really like talking about my flair

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barhoram View Post
I'm looking at a set of JBL 6332's (LCR)...any thoughts if the CX10's are in the same league as the JBLs? HT use only.

It's kind of hard to give you an exact answer to your question as the CX-10's haven't been around very long, it was only released to the make 6 weeks ago. I know for me I'd much rather have a compression driver over a titanium tweeter in my speaker. But again that's just my personal preference.

From looking at the pricing of the JBL 6332's, at least you know you'd save a good chunk of cash going with the CX-10's. And with a 30 day in home trial if you didn't like them just send them back.
ahblaza likes this.
post #38 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Like you, I'd normally never take a chance without measurements, reviews, etc. But in talking to Jeremy, he's been completely forthcoming about the components he's using, his design goals, and willingness to work with me to get the best possible set-up for my room. Customer service aside, Reaction is offering speakers that will (potentially) go head-to-head with JTR, Seaton, etc. at a fraction of the cost.

So yeah, I'm taking a chance... but I'm pretty confident my decision will turn out to be the right one
post #39 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Like you, I'd normally never take a chance without measurements, reviews, etc. But in talking to Jeremy, he's been completely forthcoming about the components he's using, his design goals, and willingness to work with me to get the best possible set-up for my room. Customer service aside, Reaction is offering speakers that will (potentially) go head-to-head with JTR, Seaton, etc. at a fraction of the cost.

So yeah, I'm taking a chance... but I'm pretty confident my decision will turn out to be the right one
Good for you my friend, I don't see how you can go wrong with the CX-10s. If you were to buy the driver and xover yourself you would be looking at at least $400 and that's without cabs and wiring and binding posts and ports. That Radian 5210 is one heck of a driver, Man these are really tempting. Please post your impressions
Cheers Jeff
FattyMcButterPants likes this.

j_nordi
post #40 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 07:03 PM

Quote:

That's good to hear. I've convinced myself these are must haves, now the only question is how many do I want?
post #41 of 149 Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
That's good to hear. I've convinced myself these are must haves, now the only question is how many do I want?
I would start with three and try the center horizontal (if you have the room) and vertical as a LCR and you would have a killer LCR with your sub, a very nice 3.1 setup to start and if you really like them get the other two for surrounds or wait and buy the CX-15 mains, use one 10 for the center and move the other two to surround duty. You may like them the CX-10s so much you will want five of themDon't forget the 5% discount as well
Cheers Jeff

j_nordi
post #42 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
5% discount?
post #43 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 91
The speaker design posted by Jeremy is pretty cool. A simple design that allows for bookshelf and angled wall mounting is spot on in my opinion.

Will definately keep these in mind when I upgrade my surrounds.

Subscribed. Thanks @jbrown15 for the thread. I had seen their subs but didn't know he was now building speakers.

Varibus Mari Victoria
post #44 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:

Per measurements:
I am attaching a graph that was taken by Mark Pinske with the 5210 with an 8 ohm tweeter.
I did not post this one at first, because we were using a different port tuning, but now that we have dropped the tuning, we are pretty much using the same size cabinet and tuning as they did in their test box.

The graph is 1/3 octave smoothed. I don't have a graph for the 16 ohm tweeter, but it would show a little more laid back top end from 1k and higher. Jfrazi1 heard the 16 ohm tweeters.
I tend to like them because of the warmth but the 8 ohm is by no means "harsh".
We will be shipping the 8 ohm standard for a neutral response unless someone requests the 16 ohm specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrazine View Post
5% discount?
"SYSTEM" code at checkout.
That does apply to 5.0 and 7.0 systems as well.
I am going to keep that code active beyond labor day, since there are some folks doing systems with the upcoming speakers as well as the CX-10.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10 Coax response.gif
Views:	48
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	240634  

Jeremy
Reaction Audio Subwoofers

Last edited by edgebsl; 09-01-2014 at 12:38 PM.
post #45 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgebsl View Post
Per measurements:
I am attaching a graph that was taken by Mark Pinske with the 5210 with an 8 ohm tweeter.
I did not post this one at first, because we were using a different port tuning, but now that we have dropped the tuning, we are pretty much using the same size cabinet and tuning as they did in their test box.

The graph is 1/3 octave smoothed. I don't have a graph for the 16 ohm tweeter, but it would show a little more laid back top end from 1k and higher. Jfrazi1 heard the 16 ohm tweeters.
I tend to like them because of the warmth but the 8 ohm is by no means "harsh".
We will be shipping the 8 ohm standard for a neutral response unless someone requests the 16 ohm specifically.

That does apply to 5.0 and 7.0 systems as well.
I am going to keep that code active beyond labor day, since there are some folks doing systems with the upcoming speakers as well as the CX-10.
Asked in email but haven't seen a response so I will ask here. What would you think of using the new CX-15 tower as FR and FL with a CX-10 as center? Would it be better to just stick with all CX-10's across the front?

And if that works, what about CX-10 FR and FL with CX-8 center? I know typically the center should be the star of the show for HT, but I am wondering how close the match would be.
post #46 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Asked in email but haven't seen a response so I will ask here. What would you think of using the new CX-15 tower as FR and FL with a CX-10 as center? Would it be better to just stick with all CX-10's across the front?

And if that works, what about CX-10 FR and FL with CX-8 center? I know typically the center should be the star of the show for HT, but I am wondering how close the match would be.
Sorry, I am catching up on emails as we speak. I did see that.

All of these speakers should have very close voice matching.

I would recommend this as fronts stage options in this order if the CX-15 is too big for a center for you:

Option A:
2 CX-15s and a CX-10 center

Option B"
3 CX-10s

Option C"
3 CX-8s

If you are using a sub, if you go with CX-8 for center duty I would say just go consistent across the front.

Jeremy

post #47 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well this might be a total shot in the dark because I still haven't heard any of the CX speakers so take it for what its worth....lol
But from talking with Jeremy I get the impression that given these are all using relatively the same Radian components and knowing who's building the crossovers I would guess that sonically all of the CX speakers would sound very similar.

So there should be no reason why you couldn't do what you're suggesting Randy, you could probably even get away with using a CX-8 as a center channel with CX-15's as your L&R channels.
post #48 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sorry, I am catching up on emails as we speak. I did see that.

All of these speakers should have very close voice matching.

I would recommend this as fronts stage options in this order if the CX-15 is too big for a center for you:

Option A:
2 CX-15s and a CX-10 center

Option B"
3 CX-10s

Option C"
3 CX-8s

If you are using a sub, if you go with CX-8 for center duty I would say just go consistent across the front.
Well I guess that blows my theory out of the water!....lol
post #49 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
What theory is this?

I think I'll probably start with option B with an eye towards option A when the CX-15's hit the market
post #50 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not completely.
You could pretty much mix and match all of them.

The 2" horn in the 15" will be the most dramatic difference (other than the efficiency and bass extension) but since all of the horns share the same family of elements: aluminum domes with mylar surrounds, they should all blend well together.

I was just making the suggestions I would choose myself.

Jeremy

post #51 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
What theory is this?

I think I'll probably start with option B with an eye towards option A when the CX-15's hit the market

see post #47
post #52 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
see post #47
Not sure how I missed that! Starting to reconsider my strategy here.

Quote:
Not completely.
You could pretty much mix and match all of them.

The 2" horn in the 15" will be the most dramatic difference (other than the efficiency and bass extension) but since all of the horns share the same family of elements: aluminum domes with mylar surrounds, they should all blend well together.

I was just making the suggestions I would choose myself.
Do have the dimensions and weight for the cx15 on hand? Also when they will start selling and price? If you would rather not post that yet I understand. Just trying to figure out if I can jump straight to option A, or maybe even fit three CX-15's across the front and bask in the glory
post #53 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Do have the dimensions and weight for the cx15 on hand? Also when they will start selling and price? If you would rather not post that yet I understand. Just trying to figure out if I can jump straight to option A, or maybe even fit three CX-15's across the front and bask in the glory
from our conversations I still think you should jump on three CX-10's and then when the CX-15's come out if you want them grab another CX-10 and use them as surrounds.
post #54 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't have the weight yet. We may try to do some tricks to even out the weight so it is not too top heavy.

Dimensions tentatively are 40"H x 18"W X 15"D. The depth is probably the only thing that might change by an inch once we finalize.

Pricing tentatively (barring anything unforeseen) will be $999.99 plus $100 shipping.
$100 up-charge for centering the driver for horizontal orientation.

I would say we should be able to start shipping Mid-October on both the 8" and the 15" and we will update the site as soon as we have a few things finalized.
But if anyone is interested in getting in before that, just shoot me an email at sales@reactionaudio.com.
varneysa likes this.

Jeremy

post #55 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Dimensions tentatively are 40"H x 18"W X 15"D. The depth is probably the only thing that might change by an inch once we finalize.
That is going to be a large tower! Is it going to be a standard rectangular shape? Do you have any preliminary sketches?
post #56 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
see post #47
Quote:
from our conversations I still think you should jump on three CX-10's and then when the CX-15's come out if you want them grab another CX-10 and use them as surrounds.
I finally pulled the trigger! Three CX-10's and 2 CX-8's coming my way, I'll be sure to let you guys know my thoughts when I get them. So pumped!
Aarghon likes this.
post #57 of 149 Old 09-01-2014, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I finally pulled the trigger! Three CX-10's and 2 CX-8's coming my way, I'll be sure to let you guys know my thoughts when I get them. So pumped!

Nice! I'm sure we'll both get our CX-8's around the same time.
post #58 of 149 Old 09-02-2014, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
That is going to be a large tower! Is it going to be a standard rectangular shape? Do you have any preliminary sketches?
It's going to be a normal rectangle.

I should have some 3d sketches this week of both the CX-8 and CX-15

Jeremy

post #59 of 149 Old 09-02-2014, 12:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 63
In for a pair of CX-8's. Excited to see these and other future offerings.

Ron
Aarghon likes this.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #60 of 149 Old 09-02-2014, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboster View Post
In for a pair of CX-8's. Excited to see these and other future offerings.

Ron
Nice Ron! I'm excited to get mine too, I'm replacing my Axiom Audio QS8's with the CX-8's. Anyone wanna buy a mint pair of QS8's?..lol
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page