• 1 Post By shadyJ

post #1 of 5 Old 09-16-2014, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Bipolar Speakers

Hey All,
This is my first post here as I am looking to upgrade the worthless system I have currently. One of the questions that I came upon was if I should use bipolar speakers for my surround. I figured this would be the best choice due to the fact that my seating position is against the back wall. Is this a correct assumption or is there a better option? Thanks for reading and looking forward to some feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-16-2014, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked: 185
yes if your sofa is close to side/rear speakers I would recommend diffuse speakers, bipole, dipole, or tripole. I'm currently using two pairs of bipoles for sides and surrounds. With monopoles that close I found them too distracting.
Twisted Mister likes this.

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

post #3 of 5 Old 09-16-2014, 11:57 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Ditto, in a smaller room or with the speakers close to your listening position, when it comes to surrounds, the wider you can disperse the sound the better, the lager the space or more distance there is, the sound dispersion becomes more natural, not depending on the speaker firing direction as much, IMO esp. If your running a lesser number of speakers, like 5.1.
post #4 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 517
If your back is against the wall, Bipolar speakers are alright, but obsessive compulsive speakers would be acceptable too. However, I wouldn't want to use narcissistic personality speakers or schizotypal speakers in those circumstances. You can use anorexia nervosa speakers, but they have a reputation for sounding thin, and agoraphobic speakers usually have a recessed character. Avoidant personality speakers would work, but they have a notoriously vague soundstage. I also wouldn't use major depressive speakers, as they lack a bit of top end energy.
AllenA07 likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-17-2014, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyJ View Post
If your back is against the wall, Bipolar speakers are alright, but obsessive compulsive speakers would be acceptable too. However, I wouldn't want to use narcissistic personality speakers or schizotypal speakers in those circumstances. You can use anorexia nervosa speakers, but they have a reputation for sounding thin, and agoraphobic speakers usually have a recessed character. Avoidant personality speakers would work, but they have a notoriously vague soundstage. I also wouldn't use major depressive speakers, as they lack a bit of top end energy.

best explanation ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page