Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-06-2014, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs up Music / DJ Solution / HomeTheater

Hi guys,

I am currently reading myself into the audio speaker world but find it difficult to get a specific advise on a narrowed list of solutions for what I want to achieve so I thought I try my luck in this forum.

Here what I expect to use my home audio solution set-up for:

- my living room that is about 5x4=20m2
- first DJ experiments around base-driven electro and hiphop type music
- surround sound to support a home theater experience for my 55in fullhd-tv
- listening to music mainly in the genre of electro and hiphop but also others

Here what I am willing to invest:

- up to 700ish euro

I know that there are always trade-offs so if i had to allocate focus with my limited budget thoughts, the music playing and DJ piece should probably get higher attention than the home theater piece.

Would be greatful to receive some guidance in regards to a narrowed down list of audio solutions to consider for my purpose.

Thanks so much already!

Cheers,
Carsten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-06-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 591
Hi Carsten,

I'd probably forgo the surround sound given your budget and desire to DJ. I'd take a look at a pair of Behringer B212 speakers and get a proper pro subwoofer somehow out of that budget. Electronic music can be very demanding on the extension and SPL required. Spend a lot of money on your subwoofer, you'll always find yourself wanting more in this area given your stated requirements.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-06-2014, 03:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Do you already own a receiver or an amp? That will need to be taken into consideration.
post #4 of 5 Old 10-07-2014, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies.
@Tux e: if i decided to go with behringers there would be up to 300 euro left for a subwoofer solution. Any thoughts? Dont feel like you have to fill the entire budget though if not necessary of course. another consideration is also that i currently live in an apartment building so not sure to what extend I could fully leverage too much insane base in this environment too often unless you also have a trick around soundprooving rooms or apartments for those moments
@Drew : unfortunately i am starting from scratch with this supposed to be my first "proper" audio system so i dont have an amp nor receiver yet either. how would you propose to get started with my budget considering that as well? possible at all then or more investment needed if not too much quality should be compromised?

Thanks again. Any tips/proposals/further questions much appreciated!

Cheers,
Carsten
post #5 of 5 Old 10-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenP View Post
Hi guys,

thanks for the replies.
@Tux e: if i decided to go with behringers there would be up to 300 euro left for a subwoofer solution. Any thoughts? Dont feel like you have to fill the entire budget though if not necessary of course. another consideration is also that i currently live in an apartment building so not sure to what extend I could fully leverage too much insane base in this environment too often unless you also have a trick around soundprooving rooms or apartments for those moments
@Drew : unfortunately i am starting from scratch with this supposed to be my first "proper" audio system so i dont have an amp nor receiver yet either. how would you propose to get started with my budget considering that as well? possible at all then or more investment needed if not too much quality should be compromised?

Thanks again. Any tips/proposals/further questions much appreciated!

Cheers,
Carsten
The Behringers are recommended a lot here. Here's a linky: http://www.amazon.com/Behringer-B212...Eurolive+B212A
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page