Quintet III mounting question(s) - HELP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-15-2014, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quintet III mounting question(s) - HELP

Ok, I'm new here and new to home theater. Built a house and pre-wired the house to run all gear into my master closet. I have the harmony ultimate one, the blu ray, the A/V receiver, set top box, Apple TV, etc etc.

TV's mounted by the "mount it" low profile universal mount. The klipsch quintet iii satellites are ready to be mounted. I used the standard 1 gang boxes during the build, and after closing, have now since covered them with face plates that have the pos/neg polarities. I THEN found the pinpoint AM20 faceplates and I was ready to buy!! The sub cable and sub are already ready and good to go.

My question is, keyhole mount(s)...it would obviously be for the bracket/mini stand these speakers are already on, but if I wanted the cleaner look offered by the pinpoint faceplates, they state they'll accommodate keyhole or single/dual threads. Maybe this is a dumb question, but I would attach the speaker, with the existing mini stands on them, to the pinpoint, or I would remove something off the quintets and then mount the speaker directly to the faceplate?

Seeing pictures on amazon is helping....sort of and you might be able to tell, I know enough to be dangerous haha.

What is my best course of action to mount these satellites? If I buy, PER plate mind you, the pinpoint option, am I unscrewing the ball joint stand and attaching the speaker directly to the faceplate? If so, HOW?

I'd obviously rather not drill into the studs again, since I have the gang boxes nailed directly to the studs as is....plus, the speaker isn't then BESIDE the faceplate with wires jumpered to the faceplate etc.

I'm literally either over thinking this, or not seeing how these satellites mount to this universal mounting option?

Any help is sincerely appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-15-2014, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The faceplate I'd LIKE to use is the pinpoint AM-20
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version