Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old Today, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Axiom M3 Alternatives?

I was about to order some Axiom M3 bookshelves for our little house bar. I have had Axioms (M80 package)in my theater since 2004 and they have served me well, but I am wondering if there are other better alternatives out there for the money?

I'm in Canada btw.

Room is 19x12 with 8' ceilings. Laminate floor, basement. Top 40, modern rock, classic rock. They would replace 2 old Cerwin Vega D9's

Probably go with 4 smaller speakers, and a sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
There are lots of good quality alternatives out there; however, most of them are found south of the border. With our dollar in the tank & exorbitant shipping costs & border fees & perhaps warranty issues, it would probably be best to shop up here.

Based on my extensive experience with numerous Axiom purchases over the past several years, you can't go wrong with their product & stellar customer service if you are happy with their sound signature (I am). As I've pointed out to you elsewhere, the M3s would work well without the need for a sub (I use them that way) or the M2/M22 with sub(s) (I use these as well with subs) would fill bill nicely.

Good luck in your hunt...

TAM
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I just checked their B-Stock store & they have a couple of sets of On Wall M2V4s plus an EP-400 (a rare find there) all in Eggshell White that might work for your room at a good savings.

The EP400 is amazingly musical, deep & powerful for music in a small package. I have a pair of these little monsters & luv them for music in a fairly large space...

TAM
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page