Whats up with B&W speakers at bestbuy? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old Today, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Whats up with B&W speakers at bestbuy?

So I got a good amount of bestbuy giftcards and before x-mas I picked up some Sennheiser momentum's, now I have been trying to decide between the B&W P7's, P5 S2's or the MM-1 computer speakers but having heard so much good stuff I thought maybe ill get some 685 S2's if they have them, but after looking online I'm confused.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?nrp=15&cp=2&seeAll=Brand&id=pcat170 71&type=page&ks=960&st=categoryid%24abcat0205003&s c=Global&sp=-currentprice%20skuidsaas&qp=brand_facet%3DBrand~Bo wers%20%26%20Wilkins^brand_facet%3DBrand~Bowers%20 and%20Wilkins&list=y&usc=All%20Categories&iht=n&br owsedCategory=abcat0205003

What are the 683b and 684b? Are they like cheaper Bestbuy only versions and the b stands for Bestbuy? Like what Klipsch keeps doing with them? They do have the 685 S2's but it says $700.98 not $650? are all the non S2 versions just cheaper because they are older? They also have the 683 S2's listed at $825.98... only $175 more than the bookshelves is that right?

I really would like some larger floor standers, I have a large bedroom but I don't care about having large speakers, right now I have the original Pioneer FS-51 system with Wharfedale Diamond 10.2's on top of the front tower speakers for music because they sound so much better, but I would really like to upgrade to some equally good sounding taller floor standers for games, movies and music. I had always planned on Wharfedale Diamond 10.7's and using the 10.2's for rears but maybe ill switch to B&W's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Today, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I also have a line on some PSB Starus Gold tower speakers for $500 but I don't think I would be able to find a center channel and rears.
post #3 of 4 Old Today, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Looks like there are some reviews if you google them. The "b" version appears to be rear ported too, unlike the S2. Not sure on any head sound comparisons - but I listened to the S2's and they were really good to my ear. My challenge was suitable center and rear's that fit into my cabinet area. Thought about the M1's for that, but just did not sound good matched up.
post #4 of 4 Old Today, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 344
doesn't the "b" just stand for black?

For every new thing I learn, I forget two things I used to know.
Reply Speakers