AVS Forum banner

NoVA East Coast GTG ~ Chantilly, VA

19K views 500 replies 56 participants last post by  raynist 
#1 · (Edited)
NoVA GTG ~ East Coast ~ Chantilly, VA

Please post & PM me your name, email, and phone if you'd still like to put on standby.

After several of us attended Gorilla's last GTG a short while back, we decided we needed another excuse to hang out again and play stuff really, really loud.

A few of us have negotiated a right-around-the-corner-date; in two weeks...cuz...why not...spontaneity is good for the soul.

Date: January 31, 2015, Saturday
Speakers Attending
1~ JTR 212HT w/Dual Orbit Shifters LFU
2~ JBL M2 Reference Monitors c/o @Gooddoc
3~ Seaton Catalyst 8C
4~ MT110 Bookshelf c/o Power Sound Audio
5~ Reaction Audio CX-15T c/o @rush2049

Host: @asoofi1, Asim
Fee: $50 per person ~ A flat fee will be collected from all attendees to cover expenses. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, & drinks all inclusive...It's like a cruise...with big speakers instead of a big boat.

Schedule:
Main Room
9:00 am - Doors Open, Coffee & Donuts & Bagels, Setup, Free Play
12:00 pm - Lunch
1:00 pm - JTR 212HT/OS Lap Run
2:30 pm - Setup, Break
3:00 pm - JBL M2
4:30 pm - Setup, Break
5:00 pm - Seaton Catalyst 12C
6:30 pm - Break, Free Play
7:00 pm - Dinner, Free Play with MT110 & CX-15T in Main Room
8:00 pm - Movie Clip Demos, including Atmos/DSU
9:00 pm - Free Play, Additional Demos by Request

Second Room:
All Day - Free Play - Power Sound Audio MT110 & Reaction Audio CX-15T

Attendees / Items Bringing:
  1. @avgorder , Satish
  2. @beastaudio, Brandon - acoustic panels, demo discs, g2g CD mix, samson, ATI, marantz 7702 (atmos)
  3. @BrolicBeast, Matt
  4. @ChopShop1, Jake
  5. @dgage, David - D-sonic 3-Channel Amp, AVA ABX Comparator Switchbox, XLR to RCA converters
  6. @Gooddoc, Mark - JBL M2 & two crown amps
  7. @Gorilla83, Andrew
  8. @hoyalawya
  9. @ironhead1230, Mike - Measuring equipment
  10. @Reefdvr27, Dave
  11. @rush2049, Benjamin - Reaction Audio CX-15T, Remix Flac
  12. @salehdidit , Saleh
  13. @Smoothmhz , Abhishek
  14. @Superman07, David
  15. @z0dVA, Steve - AVR Pioneer Elite VSX 72TXV, Win Laptop w/HDMI

Skype Attendees ;)
~ @popalock, Austin the Bass of Qatar

Holding Pattern:
1~
2~

Cancelled:
@klipsch
@Mfusick
@Sibuna, Adam
@baloo_btru
@mhrischuk, Diesel Mike
@NWCgrad, Steve
@Dennis Murphy, Dennis
@craig john, Craig - Oppo 105D
@Ellebob, Bob
@SeaNile, John - Seaton 12C

See less See more
#8 ·
I'll have my ipad charged up just for you!
There's a pj, AT screen, and a sofa in the room now...oh, and a bean bag ;) Keeping it simple for now...aka unpainted/unfancy...I'm kinda thinking about moving a few miles away, so have less reason to do the room proper...for now. The people that built my house did a questionable job with the insulation...so many cold spots...I have to run my thermostats at 75-77 just to make it feel like 70. I feel like up and just leaving if I can't get it fixed inexpensively. We shall see.

#6 ·
I'm in...

:)

Craig

Reactions: asoofi1
#10 ·
After several of us attended Gorilla's last GTG a short while back, we decided we needed another excuse to hang out again and play stuff really, really loud.

A few of us have negotiated a right-around-the-corner-date; in two weeks...cuz...why not...spontaneity is good for the soul.

Speakers Attending:
JTR 212HT w/Dual Orbit Shifters LFU & JBL M2 Reference Monitors, and perhaps some more...
Time: TBD ~ We'll be going from around lunchtime to after dinnertime...

More details on some of the logistics will be finalized in the next week or so...for now, we need to finalize the attendees list. Space is limited for now and any extra requests will be on standby reserve, so please post ASAP if you'd like to attend.

Planned Attendees:
1~ @Gooddoc, Mark
2~ @Gorilla83, Andrew
3~ @ChopShop1, Jake
4~ @Reefdvr27, Dave
5~ @Mfusick, Mike
6~ @beastaudio, Brandon
7~ @BrolicBeast, Matt
8~ @rush2049, Benjamin
9~ @z0dVA, Steve
10~
11~
12~
13~
14~
15~

Skype Attendees ;)

More details and updates to follow...

I would like to attend if there's room. I really want to hear these JTR things.

#14 · (Edited)
@Asim What are your plans for a start time? I seen lunchtime so I am figuring 12 or 1 o'clock? I have to work on Saturday, so trying to figure if I have to work and come after or burn a personal. I do a half a day on Saturday, I could be in NoVA by about 1pm. However, burn a personal sounds good though. :)

We should see if BigmouthinDC wants to join in.

#19 ·

Speakers Attending:
JTR 212HT w/Dual Orbit Shifters LFU & JBL M2 Reference Monitors, and perhaps some more...
Host: @asoofi1 , Asim

More details on some of the logistics will be finalized in the next week or so...for now, we need to finalize the attendees list. Space is limited for now and any extra requests will be on standby reserve, so please post ASAP if you'd like to attend.

Planned Attendees:
1~ @Gooddoc , Mark
2~ @Gorilla83 , Andrew
3~ @ChopShop1 , Jake
4~ @Reefdvr27 , Dave
5~ @Mfusick , Mike
6~ @beastaudio , Brandon
7~ @BrolicBeast , Matt
8~ @rush2049 , Benjamin
9~ @z0dVA , Steve
10~ @NWCgrad , Steve
11~ @craig john
12~ @Dennis Murphy
13~ @baloo_btru
14~ @Sibuna , Adam
15~

Skype Attendees ;)
~ @popalock , Austin the Bass of Qatar

More details and updates to follow...
I work in Chantilly so please ad me to the list. Let me know if there is any further process to this.

#31 · (Edited)
Done.

I have a Denon 2312 I am not using right now. I just don't have any parts for it. If you have a Denon remote and a audy mic to just set it up, we would be in business. The 2312 has enough to push the MTM'sm, but it does not have preouts for an amp.
Thanks for offering Dave...unfortunately, I don't have an extra denon remote.

I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV that I can quickly disconnect and bring over if that would help. Full featured AVR, 130WPC, but the HDMI is limited to 720p/1080i since it is a little older.
Thanks Steve...this should work just fine. The video resolution isn't important...but if it did, 720p would work great anyway. We'll use this with my 50" plasma in a separate listening room. JFMI, does it also have pre outs?

Please add me to the holding pattern. I could bring a Denon 3311, REW and speclab rig and always up for bringing any of my Seaton stuff.
I just added you as the 'cap' to the list...Welcome aboard.

#38 ·
For sure. I would be looking to the Phil 3's as a nice unit for the den. If they best the LS-6's, it would be VERY enticing to make the switch, but the ls-6's have a good lock so far on their usage as they basically play music from the time I get home to the time I go to bed (or flip to tv viewing). The line array design helps to send the music throughout the main floor common areas.

#43 ·
Don't mean to thread jack...

Any reviews on IQ Home. What other AV stores in our area?
Thank you.

#44 ·
Wahoo, got the 31st off!!! We pick vacations and personals for the year in advance and they also go by seniority. Not always easy to get the time off that you want. You can always just call out, but not my favorite thing to do.

#47 ·
*FULL FOR NOW* BUT STILL POST TO BE PUT IN THE HOLDING PATTERN IN CASE ANYTHING CHANGES

Speakers Attending:
1~ JTR 212HT w/Dual Orbit Shifters LFU
2~ JBL M2 Reference Monitors
3~ MT110?
4~ Seaton?

Planned Attendees:
1~ @Gooddoc, Mark
2~ @Gorilla83, Andrew
3~ @ChopShop1, Jake
4~ @Reefdvr27, Dave
5~ @Mfusick, Mike
6~ @beastaudio, Brandon
7~ @BrolicBeast, Matt
8~ @rush2049, Benjamin
9~ @z0dVA, Steve
10~ @NWCgrad, Steve
11~ @craig john
12~ @Dennis Murphy
13~ @baloo_btru
14~ @Sibuna, Adam
15~ @Smoothmhz
16~ @klipsch
17~ @mhrischuk, Mike
18~ @ironhead1230, Mike
19~ @dgage, David

Skype Attendees ;)

Holding Pattern:
1~ @hoyalawya
2~
3~

FOOD/DRINKS/SNACKS/STRIPPERS: TBD ~ As past GTGs, we'll just collect one flat fee from attendees to cover expenses, if that's good with everyone. The amount will depend on what everyone wants, so post your demands. :cool:
Hi ASoofi1,

If you decide you have room for a pair of MT110s just let me know the address and your preferred arrival date(fedex ground). Thanks.

support@powersoundaudio.com

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#53 ·
I must say, I am very much looking forward to this get-together. I shan't be there until the sun sets (Sabbath observance), but when I am on my way, I won't need to worry about GPS--I'll just follow my ears from the beltway, using fault-lines in the asphalt for guidance as you guys switch tracks. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.