Originally Posted by zieglj01
Good prices on Focal
MBROADUS: I think it's rude to take over someone's thread. But it looks like this one was winding down and you got your questions answered. Maybe some other people will have more ideas for you.
I'm posting here because I spent hours on this site and this thread has a couple people that I think can help.
I just got Denon AVR x-3000. Currently my surround speakers was a Yamaha box set for 5.1. It cost like $500 at Best Buy. So I'm pretty sure it's not that great.
I want to get new speakers to go with my new Denon, that will do some justice. It's primary use is TV, Movies (I have 4K tv), and PS4 games.
I have about $3,000 (ideally $2,000) I'd like to spend on the speakers. I want it to be AMAZING for movies and games. With awesome effects from bass and sound.
So this post I quoted shows some surrounds and a center at accessories4less. Do you think these would sound really good?
JOHNSULLY, I noticed that you show what you have for surround system. I did some research and I'm thinking of getting those SVS prime speakers you show. Will those really rock? If so , I might just get your set up since you have the same receiver. Can you recommend a real good Subwoofer though? I don't care how ugly it is. I just want best value, it can be ugly as hell.
And I'm confused because it sounds like you don't need 'Tower' speakers if you have a great subwoofer?
So here's my questions above in a more logical manner:
1. If I get a bad ass subwoofer, do I need tower speakers in front? I don't mind towers at all but don't want to get if I just don't need.
2. Any recommendation on a bad ass subwoofer for $800 or less?
3. For surround speakers do I need Bi-way? Or 'omnidirectional' Would the SVS Prime Bookshelves be the way to go?
4. If so, should I just get SVS Prime Bookshelves for all four speakers? Or should I get some Towers in front and Bookshelves in back?
5. Do you think the speakers I linked at accessories 4 less really rock? (If so I might get those in place of the SVS Prime)
(My listening area is average size family home, we have to have our seating with backs to a wall, so I can't really have 7.1) Thanks !!