Help Selecting Bookshelf for Zone 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2015, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Help Selecting Bookshelf for Zone 2

Hello!

I would appreciate any feedback andrecommendations for selecting a pair of bookshelf speakers for a Zone 2set-up.

In the primary media room, I am using a Denon X2000, withNHT Absolute Zeros for the R/L/C, SVS PB-1000 for the sub, and Monoprice in-wallsfor the backs. I ran wire to the living room so I could take advantage ofthe X2000's Zone 2 option for music listening only. The living room is 10’ x 12’ and would beconsidered a fairly bright environment (concrete floors and lots of glass).

I realize that my decision to go with a 2.0 set-upusing only bookshelf speakers will have consequences, but I am trying to minimizethose consequences by bringing this thread to the collective knowledge of theforum

I went to Magnolia and listened to the B&W 686S2, the 685 S2, and the Martin Logan Motion 15s. I did not think there was abig difference between the two B&W speakers, but was impressed with theMotion 15s. I am definitely considering the Motion 15s, but the price point($800 + tax) is at the very top of what I wanted to spend.

I am also considering the following:

WharfedateDiamond 10.2
PSB Imagine XBBookshelf
Monitor Audio BX2

Thanks for thehelp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 106
From your list I would lean towards the BX2's or the Diamonds.

An option I would prefer over the speakers on your list is Ascend Sierra 1 bookshelf. The Ascend website has B-Stock Sierra 1 pairs for under $800.
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/Merch...ry_Code=BSTOCK

If you want a less expensive option, the KEF Q300 is a prime candidate. B-Stock pairs available for $470 at accessories4less.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make...rs-pair/1.html

Lots of reviews/comments on both the Sierra 1 and Q300 here in the forums - both are often recommended speakers at this price point.
post #3 of 3 Unread Today, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the suggestions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page