AVS Forum banner

All In-Wall and In-Ceiling Speakers for Dolby Atmos - BG Radia or others?

560 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  thorr 
#1 ·
My wife and I are planning on moving into a new condo and I will be losing my dedicated home theater and the wife doesn't want the huge speakers all over the place that we currently have when we set up the big 163" screen in the living room instead. I may decide to keep my fronts (Polk RT-3000P's plus CS-1000p center) because they are totally awesome and might look fine by the big screen, but the rest need to be in the drywall. I found another thread talking about BG Radia speakers being pretty good. I am not sure what models I would need and how many speakers. Right now I have a 7.1 setup. I don't want to spend a million dollars, but I want it to sound great! I am thinking if I keep my Polks for the fronts, it might be good enough for great sound and the rest of the speakers can be reasonably good enough to give the surround effect.

Any thoughts/suggestions on which speakers to use in the ceiling and walls around the room and the cost?

Also, I will need to upgrade my receiver, so I will need to research that also. If everything costs too much, I may just go with 7.1 without Atmos.

Thanks,
Michael

#3 ·
I use Definitive Technology in-wall speakers for my listening level speakers and think they are great. I did install different in-ceiling speakers for Atmos because they allowed aiming and am still deciding how much I like them but I find it hard to evaluate individual speakers in this mode. I still need floor space for subs but have found using downward firing units (HSU) allow them to be disguised as tables.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.