AVS Forum banner

HELP: Speaker is sliding around on it's stand.

373 views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  lovinthehd 
#1 ·
I just upgraded subs to the SVS Ultra and it's causing one of my front speakers to vibrate around on it's stand. Relocating my sub isn't much of an option so I'm looking for some way to adhere my speaker to it's stand without leaving any kind of residue on the bottom. Anyone had any luck using 2 sided sticky tape? Ideally I'd like to find some bumper or feet material that is sticky enough to keep it from sliding around but I have no idea what products would work.

Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Thanks guys. Both great ideas. I never thought about the shelf liner.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Do not use anti-slip matting it will react to the finish on your speaker and leave a mark. It's only the bottom so you may not be fussed.

It has reacted to my Celestion A1 wood veneer, it's gone all dull and there is a cross pattern mark. It won't polish out.

#10 ·
I just upgraded subs to the SVS Ultra and it's causing one of my front speakers to vibrate around on it's stand. Relocating my sub isn't much of an option so I'm looking for some way to adhere my speaker to it's stand without leaving any kind of residue on the bottom. Anyone had any luck using 2 sided sticky tape? Ideally I'd like to find some bumper or feet material that is sticky enough to keep it from sliding around but I have no idea what products would work.

Thanks in advance.
I have had this stuff - http://www.amazon.com/Quakehold-881...d=1430948666&sr=8-1&keywords=earthquake+putty

- holding my bookshelf wide channel speakers for over a year - works great !

#12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the heads up on the shelf liner issue.

I think I'll pick up some bluetac and try it out. For those that have used it.... any problems with it leaving residue or marking up the finish?

On a side note: My God.... the Ultra sub is absolutely unreal. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.