AVS Forum banner

In-Wall speakers with acoustic screen

232 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HoosierFan 
#1 ·
I am in the very beginning stages of planning my theater. We have bought a new house and I have a relatively blank slate. My room is 14x32 with 8'ft drop ceilings.

I am seriously considering a 138" 2.35 acoustic screen from Silver Ticket, and putting the speakers behind the screen. I have tried searching threads about in-wall speakers but can't seem to find much on them. Is that how you would normally put speakers behind a screen?

Any suggestions? I have a basic setup now in my current home, but was looking to get a little better system. Maybe around $1000 or more for LCR, another $1000 for Subwoofer (I am considering 2x SVS PB-1000).

#2 ·
Yes, in wall speakers are the way to go with an acoustic screen. It is why they made these screens, so your eyes aren't distracted by the sight of speakers, in turn fully immersing the viewer into the picture on the screen.

As far as suggestions for what type of in wall speakers, I don't even know where to begin, but definitely go with in walls if you are going with an acoustic screen.

#3 ·
Yes, in wall speakers are the way to go with an acoustic screen. It is why they made these screens, so your eyes aren't distracted by the sight of speakers, in turn fully immersing the viewer into the picture on the screen.

As far as suggestions for what type of in wall speakers, I don't even know where to begin, but definitely go with in walls if you are going with an acoustic screen.
May I ask why? If you click you way over to the HT threads there are several people using floor standing speakers with an accustically transparent screen.

You may have to do more work (i.e. build a false wall) but I think you have more options and flexiblity with using book shelfs or better yet three towers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.