Polk Monitor 40s vs T15 vs Tsi 100 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old Today, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Polk Monitor 40s vs T15 vs Tsi 100

I currently have a Pioneer vsx- 519vk receiver. (110w x 5.1) My two front speakers are Polk RTI -6s with some cheap HTIB sony center and surround sound speakers. I also have a 12" sub. I'm wanting to replace the small cheap center speaker as well as the rear surround ones. I'm no by any means an expert but do enjoy good sounding speakers on a budget or at least good enough for my budget. The monitor 40s are around $130 a pair from newegg and the cs1 center is $99. I've read great reviews about both. Other considerations are the T15s and TSi 100s. What's my best bet out of these. Are there any others by Polk that are in this range but better? Also, should I leave the Rti6s as my front 2 and put the monitor 40s as the rears? From what I'm getting the Rti6 are better speakers than the 40s so maybe leave those up front.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old Today, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 294
You really should at least get an RTi-Series Center channel the CS1 will not sound good with the RTi6's I had a CS1 with the RTi4's until my CSi3 came. The CSi5 would be the best but minimum go wit the CSi3 refurbished for 115 or new CSi3 for $170.

You can get Monitor 30's for surrounds for $100

Keep your RTi6's up front and get the matching center or at least an RTi-series center channel like the CSi3

do NOT get the T15's. And TSi100 = Monitor 30's in terms of sound just look different
post #3 of 6 Old Today, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Rob, that's exactly what I was looking for. Someone with experience. Too many speakers and choices to be blindly spending money. Where can I get a deal on these speakers?
Anybody else with any other opinions? Much appreciated
post #4 of 6 Old Today, 06:21 PM

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 85
People have mentioned that Polk has an refurb outlet on Ebay with stuff directly from Polk for cheap. I have the t15s by they way, I kinda do regret buying them and not getting something better. But they do work. When I finally upgrade they will either be retired or moved to surround sound speakers

tv: Samsung 55HU8550
avr: Pioneer VSX 824
subs: Polk PSW108, Definitive Technology Pro-sub 800
l/r: Polk T15s, c: Infinity Beta C360
post #5 of 6 Old Today, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

bump
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd_Pleaser View Post
Thanks Rob, that's exactly what I was looking for. Someone with experience. Too many speakers and choices to be blindly spending money. Where can I get a deal on these speakers?
Anybody else with any other opinions? Much appreciated
Polk Audio's eBay store is the place.

I provided again links to each individual product I discussed above. Just click on them.
-*Manufacturer Refurbished* Polk Audio CSi3 BLACK RTi Center Channel Speaker, $115 shipped
-Polk Audio CSi3 BLACK RTi Center Channel Speaker [NEW], $170 shipped
-Polk Audio Monitor 30 Series II BLACK Bookshelf Speakers [NEW/PAIR], $100 shipped
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page