B&W Center speaker - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-26-2015, 07:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
B&W Center speaker

Hi

So about a year ago or so, i brought some CM8 and a CMC center. It all sounds great, but i feel like im missing some more from the center speaker, so ive been trying to hunt down a CMC 2, but they seem impossibel to find. Been searching mainly in Denmark, Germany, and the UK for one. In the color Wenge or Rosewood, but no luck.

So my question pretty much goes, if i can use the new CMC S2 instead ? Or will that sound wierd ? Since i know, people say you need to atleast get the same speakers for front/center, where as with the back speakers, you can get away with a different brand or lineup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-26-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 1065
Honestly, the S1 and S2 are pretty similar. However, the new tweeter of the S2 is a bit different in timbre so not a perfect match. Not sure where you are located but I see the CMC2 S1 available used from time to time in the US. If you are having a difficult time being patient you could try the CMC2 S2 and return it if not satisfied.

HT: CM9 S2 FR/FL, CMC2 S1, CM5 S1 surrounds, ASW610; Yamaha rx-a2030; Parasound Halo P5; Parasound Halo A23; Oppo BDP-93; ATV
2 Channel (computer setup): Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1 NrT FR/FL, ASW608; Parasound Zpre2; Parasound Zampv3; Parasound Zdac; Parasound Zphono; Rega RP1; Marantz CD5004

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
post #3 of 4 Old 06-27-2015, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well i could buy from the US, if one pops up, but the import tax probely gonna kill me ! I live in Denmark

But do you have any sites, besides here, where i can check ? If one comes up for sale

But ye, i would rather wait, and find a S1, so i can keep the tweeters the same and ofcourse the design aswell ( i dont use the grills on my speakers )
post #4 of 4 Old 06-27-2015, 02:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Plenty of places in Europe you could buy from, also you might not pay tax as it's already paid. checkout hifi shark, ebay, audio forums in your country etc.

keep looking at one will eventually turn up, I bought a few speakers recently and they don't turn up that often either.

Pivetta Opera
Bose Jewel speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page