AVS Forum banner

First Post... squealing noise from speakers in Home Theater....

481 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ryan Goldstein 
#1 ·
I have a 7 year old Onkyo TX-SR705 receiver hooked up to my main TV and I have had pretty much no issues since I got it. I just switched from Comcast to FIOS last week and noticed a weird chirping noise from one of the front speakers. It does not happen often, but when it does it tends to keep going until I change channels. Then it will come back sometimes, but not always. I changed the FIOS box out too, and the noise is still there. No clue what it is, but possibly an issue with the receiver or speaker? Very odd that the noise seems to have started the same time I got FIOS from Comcast. The cable box is connected to the receiver via HDMI cable, and the receiver to the TV via HDMI also. I have attached a video of the noise from earlier today. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

#4 ·
It just has a standard plug. I changed boxes to a smaller one with FIOS, noise happened again, so it doens't seem to be a box issue. Maybe the Receiver is overheating. I found another video on the web too, same noises. Seems like an issue with the receiver and not the cable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.