AVS Forum banner

In-ceiling speaker advice: monitor audio cp-ct260 vs sonance vp66r vs triad silver se

5K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ifor 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm remodeling a house and looking to put some speakers into the kitchen, Dining room, master bedroom, and 2 bathrooms. I spaced and didn't think about enclosures while the drywall wasn't up yet, so i think sealed speakers are my only options now as I'd really like to keep noise transfer to a minimum.

I'm trying to decide between the Sonance VP66R, Triad InCeiling Silver SealedRound, and the Monitor audio cp-ct260. They are all in the $700-$800 a pair range that i'd like to stay under. The bathrooms would be a DVC version of each of the speakers. I'm having a hard time choosing between those as I can't really find anywhere to listen to them. Sonance seems to have the wimpiest backbox, but the specs look reasonable. Triads seem to have the best enclosures, but its so hard to tell. The cutout for triads is huge though.

Can anyone make any recommendations? Is there anything else I should be looking at in that price range?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I'm a Triad dealer, so I admit that I'm biased, but the Triad rounds really do sound great.

#3 ·
Dawn, thank you. Triad is my leading candidate right now :) My main concern with them is the specs on the low end only go to 90hz, though maybe triad is just more honest about it than other manufacturers :) They also can't seem to decide on the impedence. Specs say 8ohm, when I call the rep they say 4ohm... Shrug.

Also, I plan for these speakers to be 100% music. Is Triad going to excel in that usage?

I wish the InCeiling speakers were also made in USA. Any idea where the drivers are made and where they are assembled?

Thanks!

#8 ·
Interesting thread, as I'm currently evaluating Triad Silver Sealed Rounds vs Sonance VP66R vs Goldenear Invisas. I have a complete Goldenear 7.1 system and looking to go 4 speakers on the ceiling for Atmos. The issue is that my basement celining is quite low and I'd like to be able to direct the speakers to the listening positions as necessary. While I don't really need the box/enclosure to reduce noise in adjacent rooms, I've been told that it can improve sound quality similar to how a well made cabinet can make any tower speaker sound good.

I'd normally stick with Goldenear, but I can probably get the Triads and Sonance much cheaper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.