Bookshelf Options for Mains - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JMak00

post #1 of 3 Old 07-13-2015, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bookshelf Options for Mains

Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone can help me decide on a new set of bookshelf speakers for my main floor setup.

The setup is just 3 channel, sub + bookshelves. I've narrowed this down to 2 options that are similarly priced ($CDN). They would be paired with my current Polk sub (PSW125).

1) Used purchase of Polk RTI4 for $145
2) New purchase of Pioneer Andrew Jones BS-22 $140 w shipping

In my basement theater setup, I have the full 5.0 Pioneer Andrew Jones setup (with an upgraded SVS sub). I love the system for the price, and the piece of mind buying new is also attractive. I'm just wondering if the Polk's will give me more bang for my buck, albeit used.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Today, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by scope11 View Post
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone can help me decide on a new set of bookshelf speakers for my main floor setup.

The setup is just 3 channel, sub + bookshelves. I've narrowed this down to 2 options that are similarly priced ($CDN). They would be paired with my current Polk sub (PSW125).

1) Used purchase of Polk RTI4 for $145
2) New purchase of Pioneer Andrew Jones BS-22 $140 w shipping

In my basement theater setup, I have the full 5.0 Pioneer Andrew Jones setup (with an upgraded SVS sub). I love the system for the price, and the piece of mind buying new is also attractive. I'm just wondering if the Polk's will give me more bang for my buck, albeit used.

Thoughts?

Thanks
With the aj's you know what you're getting. Used speakers are unknowns (how were they treated, you've not auditioned them), so it seems the easy choice seems to be the aj's.

You might consider the first gen aj sp-bs41s. I bought a pair for less than $100 within the last 3 months from newegg. Theyre getting harder to come by, but I love them.
witchdoctor likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 11
If it were me, I would get the Polks. But it really depends on what sounds best to you. Why don't you ask if you can listen to the Polks before you buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers